Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and i rode 4 hours today at ARCADIA. This was his first time on a real trail, he did not have an appropriate bike but, surprisingly it held up. I needed to go slow for him but it was not a problem. riding with my dad was great. check out some of these pics:

heading out

Messing around in the parking lot

Why not...

easy trail at the start of our ride, eventually it splits and gets really rocky.

some air

relax for a bit

on the way back, wheelys at 25mph...too much fun.

dad was pretty exhausted

·
achiever
1,080 Posts
Awesome! I was figuring this was a post from a Dad. Good work outta you turning the deal around. Dads really appreciate that kind of thing, trust me. Just don't beat him up too bad out on the trail!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hehehe, nice of you to keep the old man huffing/puffing. Whip him into shape! :thumbsup:

It makes me sad to see all those silly prescription drug commercials on TV when if more parents did this sort of thing with their kids they wouldn't need to pop so many pills! Take care of your pops and enjoy your time together. Money, career, toys, etc... doesn't even begin to measure up to quality time like this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deme Moore said:
Hehehe, nice of you to keep the old man huffing/puffing. Whip him into shape! :thumbsup:

It makes me sad to see all those silly prescription drug commercials on TV when if more parents did this sort of thing with their kids they wouldn't need to pop so many pills! Take care of your pops and enjoy your time together. Money, career, toys, etc... doesn't even begin to measure up to quality time like this.
completely agree, adults should just exercise and spend time with there kids. Im gonna figure something out and get my dad a nice hardtail. It was great to spend time with my dad, whatever it is, we always have fun.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
sweet pics... it's absolutely awesome that your dad is doing that stuff along with you, regardless of his equipment or riding ability... enjoy the riding and have fun! That's what it's all about! :thumbsup:

cheers

·
Registered
406 Posts
You're a good son. Your dad must be proud of you being able to ride like that. Make the most of your time together. When you're older, you'll have good memories of these times.

·
Broken
174 Posts
Nice. I can't wait to be able to take my son to Arcadia. HE's two...but kudos to your dad for riding there w that old skool rig. He's lucky that he's got a son that appreciates him enough to include him in his fun. Kudos to you for hanging out w your dad. I hope he gets the bug and never stops riding now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey...that is so nice. I figured as well it would be a post from your father. That is so great! I hope when my little guy gets your age he still has time to go biking with his Dad! Enjoy every second with your father! Time has a way of catching up sometimes and you don't want to look back with a whole bunch of should have's. jd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.