Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a killer deal on some Mavic Crossmax Disc wheelset but the hubs only accomodate a 4 bolt rotor not the standard 6 bolt rotor. I currently run Hayes HFX 9.......

Does anyone know if there an adapter that will allow me to run a 6 bolt rotor with this wheelset?

·
Registered
302 Posts
There is no adaptor, and are you sure that they are Crossmax? The only wheelset I recall Mavic making that was 4-bolt compatable was the older white CrossLink Disc wheelset. That wheelset relied on adaptors to mount the disc to the hub anyway, and they came in 6-bolt and 4-bolt versions. How old are the wheels? You really don't want to get stuck with 4-bolt hubs (take it from a Cannondale owner).

-James

luv2hmr said:
I found a killer deal on some Mavic Crossmax Disc wheelset but the hubs only accomodate a 4 bolt rotor not the standard 6 bolt rotor. I currently run Hayes HFX 9.......

Does anyone know if there an adapter that will allow me to run a 6 bolt rotor with this wheelset?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.