Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,916 Posts
Sounds like its microline housing, I don't have any to check though as none of my paintball guns use the stuff (its only rated to about 200psi working pressure and none of my guns run that low) but its certainly stiff enough to use as shifter casing. Not sure about for brake cables if the working pressure rating is high enough to resist cracking. Probably would be sufficient given the short sections of housing involved.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
Tune Plastic or Magura line

G-Live said:
See http://beta.velonews.com/article/73034/the-7pound-road-bike-

Anyone else ever try this or is it light just because of short runs of housing needed on a roadie?
G
Tune Plastic housig works great on shifters AND brakes and at just 18g/m is extremely light. i still use it on my Scott Scale. hard to get as Tune doesn't offer it anymore. i have bought a bunch back then which should do fine for the next couple of bikes...;) they came in 50cm long pieces so on bikes with shorter lenghts these worked great.the longer the housing the softer the feel on the brakes becomes. they had an inner teflon liner as well so well suited to be used with wire inside. other plastic tubes don't have such a "cover" so over time wires will eat through.

then there is guys using Magura hydraulic line but this is pretty soft. however they say it works...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts