Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Christmas Eve is fast approaching and that can only mean one thing - That's right, it's the 3rd annual Grinch Grinder!

Join us on December 24th for a fun filled MTB ride. Last year, our group hit the Ginny trail for a perfect (cold) day of single track, poetry (seriously) fine chocolate (again, not kidding) and Apre' ride refreshments.

This year, our theme is "The Sweater of Christmas Past." Dig up your most festive holiday sweater and ride it to the top! I will think of some kind of prize for the best or worst sweater.

Our plan is to assemble at 11am at the Ginny trail. This is subject to change depending on trail condition so I will be sure to keep everyone informed as we get closer.

RSVP by posting to this thread or join the the Random Rides group on Velocal.org.

Thanks, hope to see you there!

Attachments

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
Word is that the trails are still on the soupy side up north. I'm hoping that sgltrk or some such will see this and give us the latest update.
Date and time are still a go, and we have a small but dedicated merry band of grinches who still plan on riding.
Ginny is still the preferred option in keeping with tradition, but dbb dries out pretty quickly and is nearby. If momma nature decides to get lippy on us and all trails in the greater FoCo area are soup, we will consider Hall Ranch as a relatively quick-drying alternate.
In the event we cannot find a trail that is reasonable rideable, we will post a note both here and on the Facebook event page detailing an alternative plan.

·
1,734 Posts
A quick check of the weather outlook shows that it's likely to get colder and snowier on towards Christmas eve.
This can be good. A little snow to make things interesting and some cold to keep things solid. I'm optimistic conditions will be prime!

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'll have to keep an eye on this thread, been wanting to get out riding and I'm actually off work the 24th, woohoo!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I wore my usual ugly outfit last year (and ever since). Happy to get it again captured for eternety. See you on the 24th.

·
1,734 Posts
Pugsleys are a go.
The rest of us poor suckers will be stuck with woefully inadequate tire volume. The fat kids will have their revenge.

·
1,734 Posts
sgltrak said:
Low tire pressure for me. No huge tires in my stable. About 3-4" at my house in west Ft Collins, and still snowing as of 7:30am
Same. If I can get my bike back from PUSH today I could have something to ride with 2.4s at least. Otherwise it's me and Jenna with crossmark 2.1s. Ouch.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts