Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the search and didn't find anything. Does anyone know where I can get a 38t, 104 4bolt chain ring to replace the large ring on my 29er. I almost never use the 44t now , but sometimes spin out on the 32t middle ring. Thanks FFdirt

·
Registered
33 Posts
Blackspire up in canada makes the 38t chainring you're looking for. I've been using one now for about three months on my gf paragon and it works great. Shifts as good as anything I've ever owned from shimano or sram, heck maybe better.

Give them a call,check out their website or have your local shop get it for you.
Hope this helps,
Brien.

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
Look at Universal cycles - http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=304&category=676

Item number 304-50125 104/38t - 4 bolt
Mfg#: 595-5364

I'm running the Super Pro rings on my Sultan (74/110 BCD, 24T/34T) - and a Blackspire Mono Veloce on my Monocog Flight - good stuff. I like their rings. Not weight weenie light, not FireX heavy, but well made, uber-sexy and durable parts.

·
Cyclist of Borg
234 Posts

·
dreamer
56 Posts
I have a two part dumb question, as I always measure things wrong!
First, has anyone had any clearance issues on the small ring? I would be using a square taper BB, opposed to outboard type, and the rings seem a little thicker.
Second, what is the standard XT 4 bolt pattern? oh my frame is a El Rey if that helps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.