Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bugging out from cabin fever and being stuck on the Expresso bike at the Y.
How's all this snow going to melt in 5 weeks so we can race???:yikes:

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,456 Posts
Dang... Oregon is about as far away from NY as a guy can get.

--sParty

P.S. But we have tsunamis here.

·
beware the grammar police
753 Posts
SeaBass_ said:
I'm bugging out from cabin fever and being stuck on the Expresso bike at the Y.
How's all this snow going to melt in 5 weeks so we can race???:yikes:
global warming???

*(screw al gore) :p

·
Registered
578 Posts
dubthang said:
Just think, last year's race was at the end of March! I can't wait to break out my jello legs, get some nice early season cramps, and meet a bunch of new cats.
Last years race was 4/26 the year before was in March. They tried to have it in May this year but Mothers day got in the way. I flatted 3/4 in the 1st lap while holding top10 spot. Once I was able to fight the funn bolts off and roll again I felt like I was DFL. Fought may through some heavy cramps just out of the factory on lap2 to finish 29th two spots below my previous year. I fatted up real good this winter so it will be a challenge to beat my previous two years but I wouldn't miss it for any thing. Side note: Our team is holding a sixhour race here on May 22 with the help of the Darkhorse boys with all the goodness of the 40 event come on out and make a day of it.

Register here
http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=12638

·
Gigantic Hawk
1,752 Posts
Pointers? Don't sweat it. Just try to finish, and have a good time. I did absolutely awful in last year's race, but it was a blast. I did way better in the 40, but was in much better shape by then. Just let the fast guys go first so that you aren't getting run over, and enjoy some awesome trails.

Now if you think you have a chance of placing, then go like a bat out of hell right off the line. Last year was a mud fest so make sure your wheels are solid. You don't want to be changing flats in the mud.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was out riding yesterday getting ready for the race....Man I am out of shape and can't say I'm looking forward to it just yet..Pray for a drastically improved weather pattern in NY and keep my feet in the pedals as much as possible is my plan.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Very excited for thIs race since I missed it last year so I could fund my bike build. The guys ride with, dubthang being one of them, made sureiknew I missed a great race. Russoj and myself will be heading south on Saturday morning. Is there camping round that area? And is anyoneinterested in pre riding Saturday?

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
mattybfat said:
Last years race was 4/26 the year before was in March. They tried to have it in May this year but Mothers day got in the way. I flatted 3/4 in the 1st lap while holding top10 spot. Once I was able to fight the funn bolts off and roll again I felt like I was DFL. Fought may through some heavy cramps just out of the factory on lap2 to finish 29th two spots below my previous year. I fatted up real good this winter so it will be a challenge to beat my previous two years but I wouldn't miss it for any thing. Side note: Our team is holding a sixhour race here on May 22 with the help of the Darkhorse boys with all the goodness of the 40 event come on out and make a day of it.

Register here
http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=12638
The year before (2009, the first year) was May 31st.
Last year was April 25th.
I can be the know-it -all calendar boy because I missed signing up before it filled!:madman:
I was probably clearing snow at the time...

·
Registered
578 Posts
CB2 said:
The year before (2009, the first year) was May 31st.
Last year was April 25th.
I can be the know-it -all calendar boy because I missed signing up before it filled!:madman:
I was probably clearing snow at the time...
1day and few months off I'm old and confused ;) but I didn't miss sign-ups for this year nor did I miss a meal this winter. I will be having some serious painful funn fo sho...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I was in there three weeks ago and there was still lots of snow. I've got to believe it's gonna be a slop fest, especially with the 2+ days of rain every week we're having. The heavy clay content of the soil there is notorious for being one of the last places to dry out. But that's what it's all about, right?

·
Registered
578 Posts
rode the course yesterday and ouch, not like past two. New start (Staged at last years DH40) with a sure to separate prologue and first 5 miles of pain. Folks will want to rethink cog choice. Major Mike staple still in the game along with lots of punchy climbs. 850'-900' per lap...

·
Registered
349 Posts
mattybfat said:
rode the course yesterday and ouch, not like past two. New start (Staged at last years DH40) with a sure to separate prologue and first 5 miles of pain. Folks will want to rethink cog choice. Major Mike staple still in the game along with lots of punchy climbs. 850'-900' per lap...
A friend of mine also rode the course and said the same thing...I told him I plan on not riding my bike at all until the day of the race....That should make it really fun right?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts