Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any experience of putting a 36 Fox Talus with 160mm travel on an Intense 5.5. I'm thinking of buying a second fork and wheel set for my Intense 5.5 to make it a little burlier for those days when I don't feel like climbing.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I believe you might void your warranty. You could damage the head tube. Intense says the 5point5 is designed for a 130/140mm. fork. That said, I've been riding my 5point5 for the past three years with a 145mm. Nixon but I would not like to go any longer. A 160mm. Fox 36 would be over kill and make the bike too slack.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slack shouldn't bee too much of a problem if you are only riding in parks or on trails at ski resorts. The warranty thing could be an issue but I am pretty light so hopefully it shouldn't matter.

I think you can order the BLT with a 36 talus (maybe I'm wrong).So I was thinking that the 5.5 with bigger forks and a shorter stem with heavier wheels could allow me have a two in one bike!

If it doesn't work its still a great bike, might just have to get something a bit beefier at some point though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Talas has adjustable travel... you can run it at 100/130/ or 160. I've been thinking about doing the same thing because I want a slightly slacker HT and I also want the new 'trailbike' when it becomes available, the Talas would be the fork I'd choose for that. Buying the fork now makes the TB easier to afford when it comes out...

I personally wouldn't want to run my 5.5 on shuttle type terrain, it's got a real XC feel imo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.