Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a reign that i am fixing up, eventually i am going to get a nomad but was wondering what your thoughts were on getting the 36 talas or 454 u turn pike. both forks are sweet but the fox is a bit more complicated to work on also i need and air fork as i will be racing with it

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just got a pike on my 6 inch travel bike and love it. Though if I wouldn't have gotten such a good deal on the pike I might have considered the 36 more.

Get which ever one is a better deal they are both near the top of the performance food chain.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
36 for the Reign

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've owned both...454 on a 5-spot, and 36 Talas on an SX Trail. The Talas blows away the 454 for a small weight penalty. Plusher, stiffer, and with the 3 settings can be run to feel just like the 454 at 130mm (but stiffer), but then also have the downhill feel at 160, and climbamania at 100mm.

36 Talas costs more...lot more.

-kcavt

·
attending to my vices
460 Posts
I have a 454 on my reign and am trying to figure out how to justify spending the money on a 36. The 454 works great for the AM, xc stuff but I can't help but imagine how well the geo would be with the 36.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool i was looking at the lyric 2step air but the forks are really expensive like 1000+ retail but i would get a deal. I am probably going to go with a 36 talas plus they work well on a nomad

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Love my 2008 talas36 rc2 for everything, trailriding,freeride and downhill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts