Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
They are both extremely sick forks. I would choose the 66 if I was riding extreme FR/DH as RobsterCraw said " its just a single crown 888" and it has coil springs. If I was going to be doing some all mountain/FR I would go with the 36 just because it is way lighter ( it is air sprung). However Mountain Bike Action just did a small test on the 36 and they said it was awsome to ride and would eat anything (they tested in on an Enduro)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MikeyOrange said:
or wait and get the '06 66 that is 40mm lower and lighter than the '05.
i want the 06 66 fork. hmm, i think i'll go with the 36 not and get the 66 next year. Also have you guys heard about that new DHX air shock? well i think the new Enduros will get them next year. That is just my thoughts. I really want an SX Trail. Yeah, peace

·
Registered
171 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
yeah, my buddy wants to get the 66 now that i've got one should I tell him to wait on it? Where did you hear about the 06?
look here for the small write up... other versions will be made too; sounds like an air versoin (SL) and a "light", not sure what that will be... guess i'll have to wait.

i'm likely gonna get the '06 66rc.

·
Registered
819 Posts
i really want the 36 for my rig, but im gona have to settle fo rthe pike. i cant afford the 36 :( i really want the adjustability.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.