Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Giant Trance X 29 2
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2021 Trance X 29 2 and I'm wondering about upgrading the handlebars. Not that the stock bars are uncomfortable for my reach, but I'm wondering if others have swapped their stock bars for 35mm, or other, and what the advantages are. Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Same as you, I didn't dislike the stock bars, but I swapped to the OneUp carbon bar and stem, so I could use my EDC tool in the steerer tube. Super comfortable bars and definitely lighter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Disgruntled Peccary
6,565 Posts
I thought the trance came with a 35mm bar diameter. At least, the ones I've seen has. It just came with a 20mm rise.

I agree with the OneUp bar, although I have a RaceFace NextR in 35mm I need to sell, so I'm effectively betting against myself.

·
Registered
2021 Giant Trance X 29 2
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the trance came with a 35mm bar diameter. At least, the ones I've seen has. It just came with a 20mm rise.

I agree with the OneUp bar, although I have a RaceFace NextR in 35mm I need to sell, so I'm effectively betting against myself.
Good point! I'm new at the MTB jargon so I was referring to rise. Here's the stats on the Trance X 29 2:
'Giant Contact TR35, 780x35mm, 20mm rise'. So, I guess the question is more like "has anyone swapped out the stock 20mm rise bars with a 35mm rise (or other) and does it enhance the ride experience?". Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Good point! I'm new at the MTB jargon so I was referring to rise. Here's the stats on the Trance X 29 2:
'Giant Contact TR35, 780x35mm, 20mm rise'. So, I guess the question is more like "has anyone swapped out the stock 20mm rise bars with a 35mm rise (or other) and does it enhance the ride experience?". Thanks. :)
That is going to be a personal preference thing. Has to do with your fit on the bike more than it does with the bars feel in your hands.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Old thread, but when I bought my 2020 Trance 29 the first thing I did was swap the bars for higher rise bars. And changed the cranks from the 170 to 175. The bars came at 800, and I figured I'd cut them after a few rides, but I kinda like the extra width and wouldnt change them now.

·
Registered
2021 Giant Trance X 29 2
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Old thread, but when I bought my 2020 Trance 29 the first thing I did was swap the bars for higher rise bars. And changed the cranks from the 170 to 175. The bars came at 800, and I figured I'd cut them after a few rides, but I kinda like the extra width and wouldnt change them now.
Thanks for the update. Haven't mounted my bar yet: Just ordered some i9 wheels & Hydra, so I'm going to do everything at once and get out for the spring. I think I'll have the same perspective on the width - Going with the 800mm to see how I like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.