Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that you all will think I'm such a loser for asking this, but I'm a cross-country rider so bear with me.

Just what exactly is the difference between DH and FR and all those other types of mountain biking like All Mountain, MTN Cross, and all those other forms?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
ok...

well FR id literally screwing around on huge pimpin bikes that are built to be tough and handle abuse...and have 6"+ rear travel...usually 8"...

DH is racing...its much like FR in that u still do the same big stuff its just u do it on a course down a hill and try to be as quick as possible etc...ur timed...and the bikes are built to be racing bikes so they are lighter and quicker...and have about 9" rear travel...

MTN cross or 4by or Dual racing is much like BMX racing but with either 2 or 4 hence there names...but its down a hill and the bikes are much smaller and lighter and quciker than DH bikes and usually 6" rear travel or less or a HT...

why do u wanna know...

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Dude...

Go to a bike web site and check the models for DH/FR,AllMountain,CrossCountry ,ect: and you'll have a better idea of what are thos bikes made for and what's the diference...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.