Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Uber Carnivore
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Pentax K-1000 that I never use (I use a Nikon N-75 when doing emulsions) and am thinking about making it a ride camera.

Anyone have pointers on carrying a camera while riding? I've been carrying a Canon veiwfinder camera with no problems, but I'd like more control, mainly over shutter speed. I'm not sure what kind of bag/holder to get.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I keep my basic Nikon FG in my the large compartment of my Camelback Mule with just a thin hand towel as a wrap around it. Never had any problems. Those old manual SLR's are pretty basic and robust really, compared to all the plastic electronic based gear that is out now. The only thing I was worried about was the reflex mirror getting misaligned from all the jostling, but it's been fine. Of course if you eat it and fall on your back, then the I am sure something will break.

When I have to carry my nicer F4s or digital D70 body, I wear my hardshell Boblbee pack. I like these and fit well for riding. The hardshell gives a little more assurance that my nicer gear will be protected at least a little bit more. I have an extra one that has never been used if you want to buy one after doing more reading on them.

Here's a pic from their site.

·
Silence! I kill you!
3,049 Posts
On rides where I know we're gonna have a group and want to take pictures, I've had no problems keeping my Nikon n65 in my camelback blowfish. I just bought a used d1 that I'm gonna be taking on trips but due to the size I bought a backpack style camera bag to ride with. I normally ride XC on good bumpy trails. So far I've had no problems with it, but I also haven't fallen on it yet (I'm a little more carefull with the camera on my back).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.