Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I saw this, im not sure if i can muster the energy to be excited about this. I dont remember the AC products being all that good at any given point in time. Im pretty sure that there was a good reason for them going out of business, it had something to do with the quality i think. There seemed to be some eras when the had good stuff though, then again I am not sure i can remember them.
-Paul

·
Registered
561 Posts
I picked up a pair of 700x50, in the Wentworth and the Aggregate. Quality seems good, and they aired up tubeless with zero issues. However, my garage REEKS from how smelly these tires are. Almost stifling when pulling them out of the box....kinda strange.

·
1,065 Posts
I just bought one (700Cx40 Aggregate) to replace a Rene Herse 42mm knobby tire on my wife's bike. It arrived, I opened the box, and the knobs on this were shocklingy tiny by comparison. It is still in a box on my piano while I figure out what to do with it. (Mine doesn't smell.) Meanwhile ordered another RH tire for wife.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If anyone is considering these, I had a Wentworth and Aggregate combo on my Slate in 650x47. I think they’re good for the price, but a bit heavy and less supple than more expensive options. It felt like, at some point, lowering the PSI no longer added any compliance. I found 30-35 PSI was their sweet spot for mixed surface rides. They seemed very durable, however. FWIW, I sold the bike, I didn’t get rid of the tires….I would have likely continued riding them until they were worn out.
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Wheel Bicycle frame

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If anyone is considering these, I had a Wentworth and Aggregate combo on my Slate in 650x47. I think they’re good for the price, but a bit heavy and less supple than more expensive options.
Was looking for new set, saw this morn they are now $45 each. Not worth it to me when Ramblers can be found for almost same price and are a much better tire in every regard.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I tried the tubeless torchbearers in 28mm, bottom line never held air overnight, ok for a one hour at best so returned. Have used countless tubeless tires and of course gonna have occasional issue but no way were these tires especially the beads really meant for tubeless ready standards. Good thing amazon took them back no problem. I think they would have been fine with tubes but no what I purchased them for (wanted for a dirt road capable beater bike)

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I just mounted the 700x40 Udden tire. I haven't ridden them yet though.
Some quick notes, they were easy to mount and they hold air with no problems. I like the tread pattern but I am concerned about the size of the tire. I was using Kenda Flintridge in the same size, 700x40, but these American Classic tires appear a lot smaller than the Kenda's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.