Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I am switching from 30T round to 32T oval (already bought it). Do I need to adjust my chain length? The chain (and its length) came stock with the bike (2020 Stumpjumper). Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
That's pushing it on what's acceptable, 30t to 32t round may be okay if the chain isn't already on the verge of being too short. Since you already bought it, I'd install it, shift to the largest and smallest cogs, and make sure your derailleur doesn't reach any of it's limits. If you wanted to get an idea beforehand, you could take a picture of the drivetrain in the largest cog and post it, but without that we'd just be guessing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pushing it on what's acceptable, 30t to 32t round may be okay if the chain isn't already on the verge of being too short. Since you already bought it, I'd install it, shift to the largest and smallest cogs, and make sure your derailleur doesn't reach any of it's limits. If you wanted to get an idea beforehand, you could take a picture of the drivetrain in the largest cog and post it, but without that we'd just be guessing.
Thanks man! Definitely appreciate your response! Here is the pic. Please note that I have 32T round on it now. Cheers.
Bicycle Crankset Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle Crankset Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.