Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new Gravitydropper post on the Dirtbag. I nearly gave up hope for a 5" drop post for 30mm seat tubes, but here it is! The post is the Turbo version with the 1" middle step. All looks very well made, on par with the Thomson post it replaced.

I really look forward to ride it tomorrow for the first time!

Attachments

·
Trying to be helpful
2,550 Posts
Congrats. Not to poop on your parade, but in the near future KS is coming out with a 6" travel adjust post.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Guy.Ford said:
Congrats. Not to poop on your parade, but in the near future KS is coming out with a 6" travel adjust post.
Do you know if they making one in 30.0?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in the trees said:
No shim required? Nice!

No shim and 5" drop. I made my first trip yesterday with it and it worked like it should!
The post is not available in the webshop but you could order it by mail.

·
Registered
334 Posts
firevsh2o said:
in the trees said:
No shim required? Nice!

No shim and 5" drop. I made my first trip yesterday with it and it worked like it should!
The post is not available in the webshop but you could order it by mail.
What length post is that? 400mm? Thanks in advance, I'm really interested in getting one of these.

·
Trying to be helpful
2,550 Posts
Neily03 said:
Not in 30mm diameter they're not.
According to Gravity Dropper site, the GD isnt available in 30mm with 5" travel either. Says only 30.9 which is why I thought the 30mm was a typo and pointed out the 30.9 KS.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
^ It's available by phone order. I emailed them this week, as GD is the only company offering a 30.0mm post size for a dropper. I don't like shim.

To the OP, how are you liking yours? Any play to it? Any faults? I've been thinking of getting one for my Transition TransAM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts