Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 305 is officially dead. I would like to be able to save some money and purchase the lesser 500 and use my cadence sensor and heart rate from the 305.

Does anyone know if this is possible or am I going to have to bite the bullet and purchase the 500 bundle in order to get heart rate and cadence?

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
Kinda true, it will work but there are some differences with pairing and when you are riding with others with the same strap. I would ensure you pair it following the directions in the manual. If you let it auto pair and then ride with similar straps it sometimes has issues keeping yours only

Also, I need a new case for my 305, I have already bought a new 500 and the old 305 case has a crack in the screen and lets in moisture. Interested in selling it for a few bucks for parts?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interested in selling it for a few bucks for parts?
Maybe - I have one more buddy that wants to take a stab at fixing it. Just so you know I have had it apart numerous times and have damaged the rubber seal that covers that buttons. The screen is in no means new shape but it is not bad.

So - Just to clarify - both of the 500's are same computer? One is just without the sensors and my old sensors will work fine? That is great news! (I think I have accumulated 4 sensors over the years with various bikes)

·
Registered
487 Posts
yes they all work together and are interchangable.
All the 500 head units are the same.

i just had issues when it auto sync'd the HR, worked fine till I rode with someone that had another garmin HR and it was messed up. Rode ahead a lot and manually added it and it was fine after.

About the unit, just PM me if you decide to part with it. the rubber is fine, I found a good sealant when I soldered my contacts.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts