Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
magnum703 said:
GT "claims" their I-drive is really really good. Anyone backing that up here?
I've got I-drive on the 2010 GT Sanction 1.0 which came with the Talas 36 RC2 FIT fork (love that fork), DHX 5.0 Air shock (just so-so), and Hammerschmidt (really like that - very smooth). Blinged it up with some CK hubs and DT Swiss FR600 rims. :D

The Sanction 1 at 34 pounds is a little more burly then either the Remedy or the Force (I'd consider it probably at the extreme burly end of AM) but still climbs decent and can really bomb the descents. Anyway, I really think you're on the right track with the type of rigs you're looking at as possible fun do-it-all bikes. Good luck!

As for the I-drive I really like it . . . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Guys, thank you so much for all your input!
I'm leaning more towards the GT because I have the 2009 GT carbon zaskar and it is an amazing hardtail. This is so hard! ha ha ha The trek looks amazing too! errrrrrr.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Before looking at the GT force, I was looking at the new 2011 GT Sanction 1.0. It looks like a beast! Very expensive tho. $5000+

roxnroots said:
I've got I-drive on the 2010 GT Sanction 1.0 which came with the Talas 36 RC2 FIT fork (love that fork), DHX 5.0 Air shock (just so-so), and Hammerschmidt (really like that - very smooth). Blinged it up with some CK hubs and DT Swiss FR600 rims. :D

The Sanction 1 at 34 pounds is a little more burly then either the Remedy or the Force (I'd consider it probably at the extreme burly end of AM) but still climbs decent and can really bomb the descents. Anyway, I really think you're on the right track with the type of rigs you're looking at as possible fun do-it-all bikes. Good luck!

As for the I-drive I really like it . . . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just recently purchased a '10 Trek Remedy 8 and I absolutely love it. For my size and riding style it climbs better that anything else I rode and feels extremely light at 30lbs for a 6" travel bike. I have done everything from short to 6hrs rides on it and never have come back with the kind of fatigue I used to deal with on my old bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
rhale said:
I just recently purchased a '10 Trek Remedy 8 and I absolutely love it. For my size and riding style it climbs better that anything else I rode and feels extremely light at 30lbs for a 6" travel bike. I have done everything from short to 6hrs rides on it and never have come back with the kind of fatigue I used to deal with on my old bike.
Alright, 2 on Remedy 8 now! :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just another thought, I bet you can get a slightly used killer bike for that kind of money. I know you are hesitant to build your own, but believe me, it's rather simple with you tube and all the info on the net. good luck!

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
I'm surprised to see only one mention of the Santa Cruz Blur LT2.

5" travel bike with a proven suspension design and relaxed geometry that climbs as effectively as it goes down. I'd definitely put that on my "short list" of bikes to demo, no doubt.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Problem is many bikes are just unavailable to demo. Foes, Turner and Intense to name a few....so just saying go ride them isn't always just that easy. I agree w/ the concept but everyone always recommends the big boys...guess all the advertisement pays off eh?

·
Registered
702 Posts
speedoflife said:
Or we like the bike(s) that they make. A company doesn't get big without reason.
Other makers make good bikes as well. But the smaller bike companies don't mass produce and force bike shops to buy all these floor models. Marketing and advertisements are what made these companies big not just the bikes that make them big... I personally would rather deal w/ a company that I can talk to and finds a way to be competitive w/o being the huge conglomerate. Now where is that Cool Aid.....

21 - 40 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.