Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2019 Yeti SB100 GX (Basic Model) last week prior to the release of the 2020 lineup. Today I got a call from my local shop that I'll be receiving a 2020 instead because they ran out of 2019's. I was a little bummed because I kind of like the decals on the old Yeti frame as opposed to the new 2020 SB100 which has a clean Turquoise look. The store called to let me know that they were sorry about the change but they were willing to give me a deal/discount on anything I'd like to upgrade. I asked how much more would it cost to upgrade the FOX PERFORMANCE Fork, Rear Shock and Dropper Post to the FOX Factory (Kashima Coat) and they said $300 for all three items.

Do you guys think it's worth it? I'm just an average guy that will probably be riding local trails nothing crazy but I do like the coating on the Factory and I think it'd give the bike a nice contrast.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That's a crazy good deal for such an upgrade. Mostly on the fork and shock, since you will get a slightly better damper on the fork and then be able to adjust low speed compression on both fork and shock. The dropper post is mostly just looks. If it were me, I'd absolutely do it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I ordered a 2019 Yeti SB100 GX (Basic Model) last week prior to the release of the 2020 lineup. Today I got a call from my local shop that I'll be receiving a 2020 instead because they ran out of 2019's. I was a little bummed because I kind of like to decals on the old Yeti frame as opposed to the new 2020 SB100 which has a clean Turquoise look. The store called to let me know that they were sorry about the change but they were willing to give me a deal/discount on anything I'd like to upgrade. I asked how much more would it cost to upgrade the FOX PERFORMANCE Fork, Rear Shock and Dropper Post to the FOX Factory (Kashima Coat) and they said $300 for all three items.

Do you guys think it's worth it? I'm not just an average guy that will probably be riding local trails nothing crazy but I do like the coating on the Factory and I think it'd give the bike a nice contrast.
Do it. The Factory Fork has the excellent FIT4 cartridge. The Factory rear shock has the 3-position open compression adjustment. The dropper is just for looks. Upgrading them separately will cost you significantly more than $300. And they do look pretty cool IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.