Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2019 Yeti SB100 GX (Basic Model) last week prior to the release of the 2020 lineup. Today I got a call from my local shop that I'll be receiving a 2020 instead because they ran out of 2019's. I was a little bummed because I kind of like the decals on the old Yeti frame as opposed to the new 2020 SB100 which has a clean Turquoise look. The store called to let me know that they were sorry about the change but they were willing to give me a deal/discount on anything I'd like to upgrade. I asked how much more would it cost to upgrade the FOX PERFORMANCE Fork, Rear Shock and Dropper Post to the FOX Factory (Kashima Coat) and they said $300 for all three items.

Do you guys think it's worth it? I'm just an average guy that will probably be riding local trails nothing crazy but I do like the coating on the Factory and I think it'd give the bike a nice contrast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kashima not a huge upgrade over just the black. ive rode both cant really tell a diffrence. but i will say wheels will make a huge diffrence. but for 300 bucks if u want bling u want bling

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Besides Kashima, you'll be going from the Grip damper on the Performance (afaik there is no Performance Elite step cast) to the Fit4 damper with low speed compression adjust on the Factory step cast 34. I feel Kashima has a small benefit, but most find it imperceptible. I'd probably do it...not that it would be a big change in the way the bike rides.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Performance to Factory is worth the upgrade for sure

Just be sure it isn't performance elite to factory as the only difference there is finish
this. performance to performance elite or factory is wroth it. Performance elite to factory is not worth it and you should spend your 300 bucks on wheels as mentioned.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Besides Kashima, you'll be going from the Grip damper on the Performance (afaik there is no Performance Elite step cast) to the Fit4 damper with low speed compression adjust on the Factory step cast 34. I feel Kashima has a small benefit, but most find it imperceptible. I'd probably do it...not that it would be a big change in the way the bike rides.
Performance Elite SC is available for OEM only. For example the Scott Spark 910 comes with a PE 34SC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.