Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tripolar on most days
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a picture in the mail today from my mom and it was of me in a race from when I was nine years old. Times have changed and I have had many bikes over the years but I still love being on two wheels.
This picture got me thinking of the miles I have put on over the years, where I have had the chance to ride and the way it clears my mind, body and soul.
What is sticking in my mind is even though I live in California now I went back for a race in June that was located about 20 miles from where the first picture was taken.
Sorry for the crappy post I guess I am just reminiscing.

Me at age 9 ( closest kid with the white hair)

Me at 39

·
Masher
1,426 Posts
You were so cute. What happened?

Oh, I'm just joshing you. :)

Cycling has become such a part of my life that I really wish I had started sooner. One thing I know about myself is that I will keep doing this until I can't anymore but I can't help but wonder if I had put the effort that I put into it now when I was a young kid into my teenage years if I would enjoy it more or less now.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
OMG!!!! You're not wearing a HELMET!!!!! It's a wonder that we ever survived such dangerous times!!!! ;)

Just messing w/ ya. I remember those days as well. Racing my BMX at the park, riding through the woods not even knowing what gears and suspension was. It's a wonder that we didn't blow our knees out with that 44/16 gearing back them.

Thanks for the flashback. BTW: I, for the first time since I've been riding, rode w/o a helmet last week. Got to the park to meet some people and realized I left it at home. An hour drive back? Nope. No nearby place to buy one and the trails were mostly smooth singletract so what's a person gonna do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
BMX was awesome in the 70's! I started racing when I was nine. Switched to USCF road racing at 15, switched soley to off road at 22 after a couple years off... after another little break I'm back into off road and dreaming over road bikes again. I wonder if I will get back into BMX when I hit my 40's? And the circle continues...

Love the V bars, the old school pads, and the red tires... totally vintage. :thumbsup: Keep pedaling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts