Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my basement I have my road bike on a trianer, a treadmill and a universal weight system. I have about 30 minutes at lunch time to use this equipment 3-4 days per week. What should I concentrate on to...lose 15-20 lbs. (I am 6'2" about 203 right now), and gain climbing ability. Lastly I will work on speed. I will ride or run 1-3 times per week on weekends/evenings but will be inconsistant.

What do you recommend.....

Thanks
Greg

·
Economy Stimulator
351 Posts
G-Live said:
In my basement I have my road bike on a trianer, a treadmill and a universal weight system. I have about 30 minutes at lunch time to use this equipment 3-4 days per week. What should I concentrate on to...lose 15-20 lbs. (I am 6'2" about 203 right now), and gain climbing ability. Lastly I will work on speed. I will ride or run 1-3 times per week on weekends/evenings but will be inconsistant.

What do you recommend.....

Thanks
Greg
going to go with squats

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
Regardless of what you choose, be consistent. Im not saying every day at 2:34 and 29 seconds, do x amount of situps within y amount of time. Do something daily or weekly. Daily is usually best but dont do 1-2 miles running one day, 0 the next, 10 the day after that the none for two weeks then 20, then 5 miles.

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
For an increase in speed, definitely work out your leg muscles.
Stairs are an awesome workout.
To lose pounds keep working out but definetly concetrate on what your eating. Tighten up your diet. "Abs get created in the kitchen, not the gym"
And as en are es said, be consistent!
Consistency is key.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just checking . . . you're not neglecting eating altogether, right? I hope you're not having a huge breakfast and dinner to be able to work out during lunch.

Whatever you decide to do though, make sure you give yourself a bit of time to stretch and warm up and then stretch and warm down at the end.

·
I endorse self propulsion
159 Posts
Bgrafk said:
"Abs get created in the kitchen, not the gym"
:D i like that...and it is 100% true.
my vote is for circuit training on your universal gym. you could easily work you entire body in 30mins if you keep your rest in b/w sets to under 30 secs. its tough the first couple of times, but it teaches your body how to recover faster. plus it revs your metabolism.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.