Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 3 weeks, I will be traveling south for a Moab mountain bike trip. 4 days of 25-30 miles per day, with a fit group of friends.

I'm in decent aerobic shape (backcountry skiing quite a bit), but haven't been on a bike since the snow arrived in November.

Though I do have an indoor fluid trainer for my road bike, I rarely have the will power to do it. With 3 weeks to go, I'm willing to do indoor training (unfortunately, still a lot of snow on the ground, so outdoor rides not an option). Any tips on frequency/intensity of interval training sessions for the next 3 weeks? Do I ramp down the last week to rest a bit, or is 3 weeks too short for a crescendo workout plan?

Thanks.

·
mnoutain bkie rdier
2,823 Posts
Week 1: Ride time of 1.5 hrs for each interval session. This includes warm up and warm down. Do intervals T/Th/Sat and a mellow 2 hr spin at endurance pace on Sunday. If you do high intensity intervals, your actual interval efforts should not be much more than an accumulation of 15-25 minutes when it is all over...depending on effort level and what type of intervals you are doing.

Week 2: Repeat Week 1 and maybe add an extra interval for each set and perhaps shorten the recovery between intervals and sets just a bit.

Week 3: Do intervals M/T and spin the rest of the week leading up to departure for trip

This will give you 10 to 12 rides to increase fitness a bit before you go.

Just my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.