Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have three tubeless choices for my prophet, i want traction and lightweight...

1. hutchinson spider tubeless 2.35
2. michelin all mountain tubeless 2.2
3. continental vertical pro tubeless 2.35

any other opinions? my current tires are michelin xcr at tubeless 2.0, theyre good but i want a wider tubeless tire, preferably 2.1up......

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't tried the tubeless version of the Continental Vertical Pro, but the tubed version is excellent and I assume the tubeless version would be the same. Most of my club use them.

On my Prophet I have the Panaracer Fire XC Pro tubeless fitted and they are good but I don't find them as planted as the Verticals, they seem to wash out a bit easier. Also, although they are supposed to be the same size I think the Verticals are a bit fatter.

I couldn't find the tubeless Verticals locally when I got my Crossmax wheels which is why I went with Panaracers.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
For what kind of trails?

You could go with 2.1 Spider Tubeless Light. They are bigger than most 2.1 and lighter too (around 695gr - 740gr). A good all around tire. Continentals are always smaller than claimed so a Continental 2.3 is like many other's 2.1. I have never tried the Michelins...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I love the 2.35 Spyders on my prophet! Buy them thru ebay and it'll run you $55 for 2 with freight.

·
Registered
795 Posts
"3. continental vertical pro tubeless 2.35"
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I had the same delima recently.
I spent way too much time reading all the tire threads here, then went with the Conti's.
Love 'em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.