Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my inadequate DW Spot out for some steep climbing & chunky DH Sunday, what a blast! Had to break in the new Lyrik Solo Air DH after all :thumbsup: You know, after this ride (& every other ride), I can't understand why everyone is so bent on changing this bike, it absolutely shreds in every situation & is so much fun to ride. Must be something I'm doing wrong:rolleyes: The ride was Crosier Mountain, 1+ hour straight up, technical, no flat sections, all ball busting singletrack, to a 45 minute+ DH (a little sessioning) with so much steep, rocky terrain my jaw hurt from grinning ear to ear the whole time. The only bummer about the ride (besides putting up with Darren) was a tumble my wife took, which gave her a spanking new broked arm (radius, 2 places), heal fast shredder!!. Sucked too, as she was killing everything on the trail & the fall was from a stall, could not unclip & fell into a rock garden :madman:

On to the pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
inkpad said:
You know, after this ride (& every other ride), I can't understand why everyone is so bent on changing this bike, it absolutely shreds in every situation & is so much fun to ride.
My thoughts exactly... Rode some of our best singletrack loops in the pines last night and could not keep from smiling ear-to-ear.

Thanks for the pics & quick healing to your wife!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Looks good IP. That fork is on my radar. How was that long climb at 160? I assume the DH was butter.

Good healing vibes to your wife.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LncNuvue said:
Looks good IP. That fork is on my radar. How was that long climb at 160? I assume the DH was butter. Climb was not bad at all, I never even lowered my Rev 150 on the same ride, DH was butter all right, very stiff fork & very smooth out of the box. PUSH decals are just for show, for now : ).

Good healing vibes to your wife.
Thanks for the vibes, will relay to her :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dibbs_ said:
What's that thing strapped to Darren's downtube? Is it logging suspension techno geek stuff?
That's what he says it does, I think it is one of them sneaky motors.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pdlhrd said:
My thoughts exactly... Rode some of our best singletrack loops in the pines last night and could not keep from smiling ear-to-ear.

Thanks for the pics & quick healing to your wife!
Thanks for the good vibes, & yes, these bikes keep the good times rollin :D

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I was just thinking about those stupid red Shimano's the other day and wondering what kind of nerd would still be riding them. Guess I have my answer. :thumbsup:

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Ouch. Tough spot to have a bad injury. Must have been a long ride down.

I never ride Crosier without armor....just too remote and too many places for injury

I hope she heals quickly

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dusty Bottoms said:
I was just thinking about those stupid red Shimano's the other day and wondering what kind of nerd would still be riding them. Guess I have my answer. :thumbsup:
Getting old KW? Time for some bi-focals? Them there be CB Mallets.

But I did sure love those old Shimano 747's (I think that was the model?)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Ouch. Tough spot to have a bad injury. Must have been a long ride down.

I never ride Crosier without armor....just too remote and too many places for injury

I hope she heals quickly
She actually had 661 elbows on, not a scratch on the skin. The break was caused by straight arm impact we think. Luckily we were not far from the end, maybe 1/2 - 3/4 mile from the open meadow. She's pissed, as she cleaned every section above the one that finally got her. Here is the section, crap pic, but was taken minutes before she went for it. Started with a drop in (behind her) to a 90 d right turn over the rock on the far right of the pic (cut off), where she stalled, then landed in / on the big pointy rock in the lower right center of the pic..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I know you're not good a math but there were 4 SPOTS:

You
Me
Wifey
Owen

Twas a blast for sure.

What's that thing strapped to Darren's downtube? Is it logging suspension techno geek stuff?
It's a Flux Capacitor Espresso Machine. Anyone who knows IP realizes that he must have his coffee every hour on the hour.....FRESH POT!

Darren

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
cool shots, looking forward to crosier.

best wishes for speedy recovery to the better half. my wife bruises badly after getting hit by a tennis ball.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
PUSHIND said:

You
Me
Wifey
Owen

Twas a blast for sure.

It's a Flux Capacitor Espresso Machine. Anyone who knows IP realizes that he must have his coffee every hour on the hour.....FRESH POT!

Darren
Any MX shocks being sent Tim Flooks way yet? Am still waiting....... :cool:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PUSHIND said:

You
Me
Wifey
Owen

Twas a blast for sure.

Darren
Math? What's that? Is that that pesky tool that keeps everyone spun out on head angles & BB heights?? No thanks, I'll play dumb & enjoy the ride.

Having a 5 shot Americano as I type, fresh pots!!!!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dibbs_ said:
Hey inkpad, how's the Joplin 4?
Much less play than the original, & the extra inch really helps (insert joke here), so far so good :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts