Registered
523 Posts
:thumbsup:
Very nice Nomads
Got any specs on the builds?

·
What are you looking at?
949 Posts
:eek: :eekster: :shocked: :yikes: :smilewinkgrin: :thumbsup: When I saw the top one I loved it, and then when I saw the middle one I loved it, but the bottom one is the best by far.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mai said:
:thumbsup:
Very nice Nomads
Got any specs on the builds?
Top Nomad (Large polished):

Fox DHX 5.0 coil rear shock
Marzocchi 66SL fork
SRAM X.9 shifters and rear derailleur
XT front derailleur
Industry Nine Enduro wheelset
Avid Juicy 7 disc brakes (8" front, 7" rear)
Race Face Deus crankset
SRAM PG-980 cassette
SRAM PC-991 chain
Chris King "breast cancer" headset
Truvativ Team Carbon riserbar
Race Face Deus stem
Lizard Skins North Shore lock-on grips
Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
Funn Race Lite saddle
Salsa seatpost clamp
Crank Brothers Candy C pedals
Hutchinson Barracuda 2.3 UST tires

Middle Nomad (Large polished):

Fox DHX Air rear shock
Marzocchi 66SL fork
XT front derailleur
Truvativ Stylo Team GXP crankset
Truvativ P.C. Rock Guard
SRAM PG-990 cassette
SRAM PC-991 chain
Chris King headset
FSA Gravity Carbon riserbar
Thomson X4 stem
ODI Rogue lock-on grips
WTB Rocket V SLT Ti saddle
Hope seatpost clamp
Wellgo MG-18 Ti pedals

Bottom Nomad (Medium powdercoat black)

Fox DHX Air rear shock
Marzocchi 66SL fork
XT front derailleur
Truvativ Stylo Team GXP crankset
e.13 SuperCharger bashguard
SRAM PG-980 cassette
SRAM PC-991 chain
Chris King headset
Truvativ Team Carbon riserbar
Hope stem
Yeti Hard Core grips
WTB Rocket V SLT Ti saddle
Hope seatpost clamp
Wellgo MG-18 Ti pedals

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
trailadvent said:
Nice great speccs good to see the team uses what works well
write some reviews on those wheels when ya get the time, also like the flames on the top 66 and frame, where did you have that done?

Plus whats with the tires are they any good?
The wheels seem good. I only have about 100 miles on them so far so it's still early. They seem nice and stiff. The hubs started out nice and quiet. After the first ride they got pretty loud. I got concerned so I called Jeff at I9 and he told me that was normal. He said they start out quiet until the grease packs out. Then they get loud. As the races polish he said they'd quiet down a little again.

The flames are a secret. If I told you I'd have to kill you ;) . Just kidding. The flames come from an Electra StreamRide Betty. They're available from Electra or at REI.

It's hard to say anything about the Hutchinson Barracuda 2.3 UST tires so far. We ordered some DT Swiss UST conversion kits from I9 when we placed the Enduro wheelset order. But I9 never sent them. So the tires are being run with tubes until I get ahold of some conversion kits. So it's unfair to rate them until they are being run as UST tires. I can tell you they measure 2.348 at the tread and 2.103 at the casing. I was hoping for more volume, but I can't complain. The sizing is larger than advertised. They also weigh 970g each versus the advertised 950g.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
The wheels seem good. I only have about 100 miles on them so far so it's still early. They seem nice and stiff. The hubs started out nice and quiet. After the first ride they got pretty loud. I got concerned so I called Jeff at I9 and he told me that was normal. He said they start out quiet until the grease packs out. Then they get loud. As the races polish he said they'd quiet down a little again.

The flames are a secret. If I told you I'd have to kill you ;) . Just kidding. The flames come from an Electra StreamRide Betty. They're available from Electra or at REI.

It's hard to say anything about the Hutchinson Barracuda 2.3 UST tires so far. We ordered some DT Swiss UST conversion kits from I9 when we placed the Enduro wheelset order. But I9 never sent them. So the tires are being run with tubes until I get ahold of some conversion kits. So it's unfair to rate them until they are being run as UST tires. I can tell you they measure 2.30 at the tread and 2.03 at the casing. I was hoping for more volume, but I can't complain. The sizing is as advertised. They also weigh 970g each versus the advertised 950g.
The I9 wheels sound great, I may look into those wheels myself later once you guys and my buddy has had some more time on them, Im using the DT 5.1 rim myself with CKings and there UST conversion kit is awesome so hopefully I9 come though for you there, I9 website info sounds really good so Im sure they will, the DT systems not cheap but its definitley worth it IMO tires easy to mount and inflate Valves are plain the best hands down, I still use Stans sealant as DTs is a waste and minimal plus $$$ Ive found the wider Rim benefical to tire shape and support for standard tires still early days but definitley less sidewall roll and mine are stiff Ive used 14 gauge straight pull spokes with brass nipples 30g heavier over alloy nipples but bullet proof.

Um Hutchy seem to have gone the other way on there tire sizing pity as they use to make the best high volume lighweight UST around a few years back there 2.0 measured like most 2.3s, though Im interested to try and barra, I looked on hutcys website tread looks very interesting, keep us informned cheers.

Do Electra or REI have a website? thanks again awesome rides enjoy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.