Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the good thing is that the bike, that which is Orbea, is solid and no issues. The Fox Float X2 however, I had to pull it today in order to send it back to get warranty serviced.

Being that I don't want to be without the bike for 4 or more weeks, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a Rock Shox unit. Not that I prefer them over Fox (I'm not experienced enough to make that call other than I know the name Fox for much longer), but a local shop can fully service Rock Shox if needed.

Was suggested to me to try the Super Deluxe Ultimate as a comparable shock to the X2 (https://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/models/rs-sdlx-ult-b2)

Thoughts on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
There's a guy in the long thread that ran a couple shocks and settled on that, I bet it works great. Since getting a custom tune on the DPX2 I've been extremely happy with it for my riding.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,834 Posts
I like Fox stuff, not so much with RS.

I just ordered a DVO Topaz T3, can't wait to ride it.

Product Lens Camera accessory Camera lens Font

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question for those in the know, I just removed the bushings, o-rings and parts from the eyes of the Fox shock. Are the eyes of other manufacturers shocks (specifically the RockShox) the same size? For one reason or another, the owner of the bike shop was told by SRAM that they didn't have that shock nor the coil version in the specs needed.

But they seem available through other outlets, like Worldwide Cyclery, so I want to do my homework before buying something.

So are the eye openings the same?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and since it is directly related to this thread...

I was using the bump stop (if that's what it's called) to set my sag. When measuring, I noticed that with the bump stop in place, the shock can't get a full stroke.

Is that normal? Is it rubber and will it compress if needed? Orange Bicycle part Rolling Synthetic rubber Composite material
Orange Bicycle part Bicycle Pipe Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was using the bump stop (if that's what it's called) to set my sag. When measuring, I noticed that with the bump stop in place, the shock can't get a full stroke.

Is that normal? Is it rubber and will it compress if needed?
That's the reason why it's there. To help absorb the impact at the end of the stroke. Of course it will compress while doing that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.