Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guacamole and I will be leaving Lincoln Ave and 25 in Lone tree at 8am to head down to Colorado Springs to ride the Gold Camp/ Section 16 area. We'll be starting from the Stratton Open Space LaVeta Way Trailhead and heading up Chutes to tie into Gold Camp Road to Hit Section 16 to the Red Rocks and back to Gold Camp and eventually down Captain Jacks and Chutes. Post a message if you want to meet us.

·
Heads up Flyboy!!
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All I can say is some folks missed out.
Met up with Guacamole, PBR, and KJbike for some fun in Cheyenne Canyon. Thanks to KJbike for playing tour guide. It kept me from having to pull the map and every intersection and we saw more trail then road due to his knowledge of the area.

Ol PBR rocking the 29er and glad I talked him into Cheyenne after a Friday full of ribbing text

Guacamole climbing out of the Chutes

KJBike showing us the lines

a few views were seen

It can't be a Evil MGE! ride without some hike a bike

KJBike on Captain Jacks

·
Registered
683 Posts
Come on back down anytime guys, there are lots more good trails to ride and I enjoy bike guiding. Glad you had a good descent PBR; you should come do Jacks on a weekday after some rain; silly fast!

·
STRAVA!!!!!!
886 Posts
kjbike said:
Come on back down anytime guys, there are lots more good trails to ride and I enjoy bike guiding. Glad you had a good descent PBR; you should come do Jacks on a weekday after some rain; silly fast!
Trying to figure out the route you guys took? Looks like you went up the closed section of gold camp and looped back to buckhorn? Did you ride past 7 bridges or Saint mary's falls and hit a trail that I don't know about???That just can't be, please do tell.:confused:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Waafoo said:
Trying to figure out the route you guys took? Looks like you went up the closed section of gold camp and looped back to buckhorn? Did you ride past 7 bridges or Saint mary's falls and hit a trail that I don't know about???That just can't be, please do tell.:confused:
There are lots of little connectors up there that most long time local riders don't know; I find about one new one each year. I'm guessing the part of the route that is unfamiliar is the trail from the closed part of Gold Camp (a bit of climbing past the collapsed tunnel) that climbs over to St. Marys just below the falls. It requires a guide to find the first time, but after that its easy to come back to. I'm free to hit that up most any day of the week and if we're up there there is a good chance there is another trail right in the area that is probably another new find. Like I said I really enjoy bike guiding and having the company.

·
STRAVA!!!!!!
886 Posts
kjbike said:
There are lots of little connectors up there that most long time local riders don't know; I find about one new one each year. I'm guessing the part of the route that is unfamiliar is the trail from the closed part of Gold Camp (a bit of climbing past the collapsed tunnel) that climbs over to St. Marys just below the falls. It requires a guide to find the first time, but after that its easy to come back to. I'm free to hit that up most any day of the week and if we're up there there is a good chance there is another trail right in the area that is probably another new find. Like I said I really enjoy bike guiding and having the company.
I would love to see some, I thought I knew all the trails up there. Lets try to put together a ride some time, I am local and live at the base of the chutes so anytime is good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wafoo; we're probably neighbors. I live about 2 blocks from Ridgeway. I ride pretty much everyday and have a pretty open sked, shoot me a PM any time.

·
Back in the saddle
104 Posts
You guys are killing me.
Used to live in COS. Still ride down there one weekend a year or so in the summer. Rode all of Jones Downhill last summer from Mt. Baldy Rd. all the way to the Chutes and into town. Used to live right next to Cheyenne Mtn. Jr. High. 5 minutes from the Chutes. Used to do that link all the time... Captain Jack's in the snow... ahh, the memories. That's why I upgraded to disks in 2005. Sandy conditions on that trail with the snow ate my brakes and rims up real bad on my old Gary Fisher. I'll post when I come down this spring for a ride. may be able to make it next week, if anyone's in. It's spring break for me! (teacher).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts