Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yay...another ghey "look at me I have stupid azz 29er bike pictures to post so hopefully I can mental masturbate about how swell 29er wheels are with all the other douchebag 29er owners, all the while helping make my weiner look bigger cuz I can use this post as opporuntiy to use terms like kiddie wheels to mock the inferior 26er riders and feel better about myself and lack of any true riding skillz" post...

Finally got around to building up the new On One, second one i have now owned and am sure I will love it as much as the first. In fact, perhaps the only bike I ever regretted selling was my Inbred 29er 1st generation. LOVED that bike.

"Traded" my sweet GT Xizang frame/parts for this bike as the GT was too small which is a bummer; was kewl having a vintage bike though...as such, many parts not new.

Cant wait to ride it tomorrow. Not blingy like the others in the garage but darn if it aint just exactly what i wanted.

Didnt try to make it light at all...came out great at about 24 3/4 lbs which is darn good enough and thats without girly parts.

Will store it at work as this bike, even the GT, was never wife-approved...dont want to burden her anyway by using garage space.

The only thing I may change, hopefully not...are the bars/stem to perhaps a Hope stem I have along with carbon bars i have just sitting in a box. Though i think these may work just dandy as they were great on the GT

Thanks Chad (Redbarn) for making this happen!

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
I really like the design of the new dropouts/disc mount on those frames. I think you'll really enjoy this one; don't let it slip away again. Your scale looks happy.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
At last ....

You know that old saying Fo... "I hate to say this, but I told ya so" ?

Well .... I hate to say this mate, but ... I told ya so... :D

Now, that is a nice sensible bike for a non girly guy, although the babypoo brown isn't my favourite color.

Nevertheless, I just know you are going to enjoy that bike.

Good choice, rid it hard... :thumbsup:

R.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rainman said:
You know that old saying Fo... "I hate to say this, but I told ya so" ?

Well .... I hate to say this mate, but ... I told ya so... :D

Now, that is a nice sensible bike for a non girly guy, although the babypoo brown isn't my favourite color.

Nevertheless, I just know you are going to enjoy that bike.

Good choice, rid it hard... :thumbsup:

R.
you bet...i am so stoked. On One is DEFINITELY in my top 10 or perhaps top 5 favorite bike companies for sure.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Ghey!!

But good to see you have a new mental masturbation focus.
Have you tried riding it though??
I hear that bikes can lend themselves to that purpose. :p

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TR said:
Ghey!!

But good to see you have a new mental masturbation focus.
Have you tried riding it though??
I hear that bikes can lend themselves to that purpose. :p
haha...considering its just been built up, havent had a chance to ride it. Will ride it tomorrow

·
This place needs an enema
16,191 Posts
FoShizzle said:
...my other bikes crossed the ghey threshold for sure but I approached this one differently
Different how? Like from the side? Man-pris around your ankles, tube o' Phil on the floor and fully focused on the BB shell?

Just askin'.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
FoShizzle said:
yay...another ghey "look at me I have stupid azz 29er bike pictures to post so hopefully I can mental masturbate about how swell 29er wheels are with all the other douchebag 29er owners, all the while helping make my weiner look bigger cuz I can use this post as opporuntiy to use terms like kiddie wheels to mock the inferior 26er riders and feel better about myself and lack of any true riding skillz" post...

Will store it at work as this bike, even the GT, was never wife-approved...
You may need to climb back on the kiddie wheels ASAP once she finds out about what you are hiding from her and scolds you like a child.:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
No wonder you got a good deal on it they only primed the damn thing and forgot to put on the final paint :skep: Don't let the wifey find out or she'll make you pay by sending her out to another of those spa things :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Fo, that's cool. Did you get that frame at Price Point?

I have been looking at those on-one's but I did not dig the Poo color.

I ended up buying cyclejunkie's SIR9 niner. This is my first time on 29". And to your post - yes I have been salivating over big wheel rigs for years. But since i have all 26ers I did too questioned the hype. The straw that broke the cammel's back was when my neighbor showed up in the pool with a rigid Haro Mary 29er SS with lots of bling.

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Nice Eirk. I see the Moots post found a new home. :) Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Carbon bars with a Ti seatpost? Fo, you are slipping for sure. Clearly your inner gheyness is crying out for some Jones Ti barz (or some other ghey bar). But clearly, anyone who paints the interior of his garage tomato bisque has larger issues.

My parents had a refrigerator that was the same color . . . mind you, this was back in the 70's. Retro is the new metro.

All joking aside, the Inbred is a great frame for the money. Enjoy it!

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
a xizang 29er would be the nizzliest.

that bike would be cool if it had some pink cable housing. as it stands... reminds me of the goatse. which makes me gag, but you might like it i guess. whatever, that's cool. i guess.

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
TLL said:
My parents had a refrigerator that was the same color . . .
That is so true, and SO FUNNY! We had that same one when I was a kid. I'll never be able to look at Fo's bike with out thinking of that!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts