Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the first one was too successful in Hollister. Needs a follow-up right?

Hollister again?

Pinecrest?

Downieville?

Let's throw around some ideas and dates.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Been wanting to drive Henness Pass Road from Forest City to Truckee. I've done the section from Truckee to Verdi several times.

Foresthill Road from Foresthill to Soda Springs is a nice ride.

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Bronco and I are ready for rematch. A Sierra outing, Pinecrest vacinity, would be cool. I have been scouting the last couple weeks.There's is so much to do. Free primitive camping and unlimited mtb available as well.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bronco and I are ready for rematch. A Sierra outing, Pinecrest vacinity, would be cool. I have been scouting the last couple weeks.There's is so much to do. Free primitive camping and unlimited mtb available as well.
Hell yes!

Did you get your front locker fixed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Mtbr Founder
34,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The perfect place with the perfect guide

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just moved to the Bay from VA with my 4th gen 4runner. Waiting on some AT tires to arrive next week and I'll be ready to go!

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Hell yes!

Did you get your front locker fixed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
The front diff totally rebuilt; gears, bearings, seals, and hubs. I picked up a donor Bronco,as well, and changed some things out.

·
gimme friction
1,078 Posts
The Henness Pass option is quite nice, especially if camping were thrown into the mix. Very passable for a stock vehicle, but technical splits for the courageous, if I recall correctly.

The Soda Springs road is also nice, but kinda short for a destination.

Been wanting to drive Henness Pass Road from Forest City to Truckee. I've done the section from Truckee to Verdi several times.

Foresthill Road from Foresthill to Soda Springs is a nice ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts