Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you ready for an all day Tahoe single track epic? Start your training and mark your calendars for Sunday September 2nd. This 60 plus mile ride showcases some of the best trails linking Tahoe's North Shore from Mount Rose down to the Lake Tahoe's South Shore ending on Mr. Toads Wild Ride. Click here to read a ride report from last year's ride and gps route. This is a TAMBA member's only ride only open to 75 people so sign up now! More details to follow on meeting locations and shuttles, please note, this ride is completely self supported, meaning each rider needs to be self sufficient with gear, food, water, and clothing.

You better register:
2nd Annual Rose to Toads |

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Hope to do this one again, what do you think the chances are for legally riding the TRT from Hobart road to Hwy 50 by then, or should we not even be thinking about that till next year?

This will be amazing if it can be added, the pain factor will go up but it will be worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hope to do this one again, what do you think the chances are for legally riding the TRT from Hobart road to Hwy 50 by then, or should we not even be thinking about that till next year?

This will be amazing if it can be added, the pain factor will go up but it will be worth it.
That will be a great improvement over the POS sandy jeep road. Yes, it will hurt more too!!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
First of all, join TAMBA to do this ride, or just to support the great work they are doing.
TAMBA.

One suggestion, unlike the link provided for this route, ride the new section of TRT from Kingsbury to the start of the normal Punisher ride. More elegant as it keeps you on the TRT. Pavement is never better!! If/when the section of TRT north of 50 is legal, even better, though the ride will get even harder (unless maybe your name is Sean...)

Here's my humble ride on Rose to Toads last year. This included a nap at Star Lake... So if you can't make the official ride do it this way. (But please join TAMBA)

http://forums.mtbr.com/california-norcal/rose-toads-uber-punisher-solo-ride-732446.html

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I hope to be back again this year. Dreading that new section of TRT that TahoeBC and I did last year....that part friggin killed me.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all, join TAMBA to do this ride, or just to support the great work they are doing.
TAMBA.
Thank you. Thank you. Everywhere I go I hear everyone super stoked on all that we are doing at TAMBA, but in the last month we have gotten all of 10 new members. So, please join today.

Also, the snow peak of the Rim Trail will not be open this year. Bummer. This is what was in our latest email newsletter:

Nevada State Parks is continuing their update of their General Management Plan which will be the guiding document for the next 20 or so years. TAMBA was successful in getting miles of new singletrack options into the draft plan. The first public meeting in March was well attended.
Unfortunately, there has been enough opposition to the opening of the Snow Valley Peak TRT section to mountain bikes that it has been pulled from the plan for now, due to that issue delaying the completion of the GMP within set timelines and budgets. Snow Valley Peak is not dead, but it will likely be part of a separate public process next year. It is vitally important that you make your voice as a mountain biker heard. There is another public meeting Thursday night June 7th in Incline Village specifically on the trails component of the plan. The meeting is from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at the Chateau at the Golf Course, 955 Fairway Drive, Incline Village. If you cannot attend, you can send comments to [email protected]

·
Registered
254 Posts
That new section of TRT West of Kingsbury climbing up to the intersection of Van Sickle is optional for the hardy. If BC and Okie want to throw that in again go for it! But for me a stop at the market on Tramway is a must do - Where else can you get a cold chocolate milk on the ride?!

Also, the Snow Valley section of TRT is not opening to bikes this year. Unfortunately there is too much opposition to the proposal that needs to be addressed. All the more reason to support TAMBA and show mtn bikers are good stewards of the trails.
From our TAMBA email update last week:

Nevada State Parks is continuing their update of their General Management Plan which will be the guiding document for the next 20 or so years. TAMBA was successful in getting miles of new singletrack options into the draft plan. The first public meeting in March was well attended.
Unfortunately, there has been enough opposition to the opening of the Snow Valley Peak TRT section to mountain bikes that it has been pulled from the plan for now, due to that issue delaying the completion of the GMP within set timelines and budgets. Snow Valley Peak is not dead, but it will likely be part of a separate public process next year. It is vitally important that you make your voice as a mountain biker heard. There is another public meeting Thursday night June 7th in Incline Village specifically on the trails component of the plan. The meeting is from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at the Chateau at the Golf Course, 955 Fairway Drive, Incline Village. If you cannot attend, you can send comments to [email protected]*

Article on the outcome of last weeks meeting:
Public participation lacking in mapping future of Tahoe park | Lake Tahoe News

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Thanks for the update Ben, that is certainly disappointing, I guess even with even day access for bikes in which other users could access who do not want to see bikes they still do not want to share :rolleyes:

"There is another public meeting Thursday night June 7th in Incline Village" did you mean another night since that date has passed??

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Is the Snow Valley Peak TRT the part that you would stay on after going over Marlette Peak? Instead of heading over to Spooners?

Think I would rather go over Marlette Peak rather then do that section of TRT again during Rose to Toads. It sure was fun going down a couple of days before...but destroyed me going up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the Snow Valley Peak TRT the part that you would stay on after going over Marlette Peak? Instead of heading over to Spooners?
Yeah. Snow Valley Peak is the portion of TRT between Marlette and Spooner.

I'm very much looking forward to doing to Rose to Toads with everyone this year. Even have a babysitter for the whole day this time so I don't have to bail out early.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
So any details yet, since this ride is just around the corner?

Most importantly is there going to be a shuttle lined up & what will the cost be?

Still trying to arrange things since it's my anniversary weekend, but since the actual day is Saturday I'm hoping to be be able to swing it for Sundays ride.

Thanks!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am still trying to get things figured out. Currently I have Shuttle It providing 28 spots for bikes and people. What would make things easy if I just had 28 people... but I don't. So I need to start figuring out what to do about the rest.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
That's a lot of people, how many total are going so far?

Trying to remember, did we meet at the shuttle at 7:00 am last year then drive up? is that the same plan this year?

Maybe there is enough interest for an earlier shuttle also, so you could stay with shuttle it. I know I'd be down with a 5:00 AM shuttle start, then they could get back for the late risers :p at 7:00am, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.