Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote down every finish time on a note card and went back to double check the results turned in by riders on their cards. I found some discrepancies most likely due to me not being able to read the writing or people not hearing me correctly as they flew past me on the finish. Either way here are the most accurate results I have. Thanks to all who came out and made this little event what it was.

2014-05-04_1125.jpg

·
No new blood
156 Posts
Next time I'm bringing enough cash to bribe the race director to award a time bonus to me. That's easier than working on riding or chugging skills, but far less fun.

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. Thanks for the work getting the times together. I need to work on my beer chug.
You and me both. I lost 60 seconds to Shawn on the beer chug alone. I better start training for next time.

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
WHoohooo! SS in 2nd & 3rd pl. I did better than I thought. Thanks, it was a great time. It was tough but don't change the first run with the sun setting directly in the eye's, it made for a very interesting challenge. Thanks for hosting.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Thanks Doug! What a blast! And Guy thats also two Vassago on the podium!

·
Addicted to 2 wheels
957 Posts
I am just lucky cstem and Taco Beer are on single speed. If those guys had big gears, I am sure they would have taken me off the top box.

It is cool that the Mulligan actually made a difference in the results. Well cool, if your name is not Doug.

·
Let'er Buck
239 Posts
Damn if I hadn't missed the first turn I had a podium spot for sure:) Again fun times thanks for putting this together

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the feeling. If I hadn't flatted prior to the saddle turn off and literally ran the Disneyland section I might have given Shawn a run for his money, at least in the riding segments. The worst part of it was that was the first flat Ive ever had in the three years since I switched to tubeless and I've always had problems with those rims. I have brand new Flow EX rims at home ready to be built up. Missed it by a week. Oh well. Next time.....

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I miss calculated my segment 3 time. I know I may not have won that segment but I'm surprised I'm a full minute behind you Shawn. I railed that section hard. I would have expected it to be close like Segment 2 and 4. So it goes......

·
Addicted to 2 wheels
957 Posts
I bet you added a minute some how. You and I run that hill pretty close. I tossed the cards, so no way to check. I had a feeling a look by segment might reveal some issues. If folks want perfect scoring, they can go race MBAA or Epic.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
First section I rode blind into the sun and just leaned back held on for every little descent. Section two I was very cautious not to eat it over the techy sections with my super high XC seat post. Section three I lost some time when I ran off course twice-overriding my lights/knowledge of trail and would have went faster if I just slowed down a smidge. Section four was XC style, but to be honest I was pretty buzzed and just tried not to crash!

Now that I have rode the course, if we did it again tomorrow I would air up for Section 1, air down and post down for 2, post back up for 3 and drink less overall (okay maybe not) for 4. For sure I could drop a good 30 seconds with that alone.

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
First section I rode blind into the sun and just leaned back held on for every little descent. Section two I was very cautious not to eat it over the techy sections with my super high XC seat post. Section three I lost some time when I ran off course twice-overriding my lights/knowledge of trail and would have went faster if I just slowed down a smidge. Section four was XC style, but to be honest I was pretty buzzed and just tried not to crash!

Now that I have rode the course, if we did it again tomorrow I would air up for Section 1, air down and post down for 2, post back up for 3 and drink less overall (okay maybe not) for 4. For sure I could drop a good 30 seconds with that alone.
I would have taken first if the stars were correctly aligned, Wind was blowing N/W, toe jam was cleaned out, the dirt had exactly 56% moisture, I hadn't re-used my chamois cream and I was trained by Brian Lopes using his best bike. just a few simple variables.

·
What gear are you running
1,617 Posts
I would have taken first if the stars were correctly aligned, Wind was blowing N/W, toe jam was cleaned out, the dirt had exactly 56% moisture, I hadn't re-used my chamois cream and I was trained by Brian Lopes using his best bike. just a few simple variables.
Not to mention Gumby rubbing your tire to shave speed... (Pretty sure Cory put him up to that)

·
GONE
25,564 Posts
I've seen my cousin chug a full beer in 5 seconds. He has the ability to to open his throat and create a large vacuum. It's mind boggling to see. He also powers 2 beers at the same time if you ask him to. But he does not compete in sports.

·
GONE
25,564 Posts
He'll be popular if he ever goes to prison :)
He was a badass brawler in his younger days. He's huge and extremely powerful. He actually split a guy's forehead open, scarring the face it severely and causing brain damage to a guy once when he head butted him in a fight. I watched him drop guys with one swing on a regular basis back then. None of that is funny but I feel confident that he would fair extremely well in prison if it were to come to that.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts