Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm OCD. I can't stand wheels out of true, ticking noises, noisy brakes, anything imperfect on my bike. (I hate it, it's an illness, and it's often tough to suppress on mountain bikes)

I installed some Kenda Nevegal X Pros on one of my bikes at some point and they wobbled so badly they rubbed the frame. After 2x warranties, I bought Maxxis.

Been running 29x3 Chupacabra on my Stache for 2 years. 1 had a minimally wobbly casing. Not too bad.

I installed 26x2.8 Rangers on my 27.5 hardtail and was a little disappointed in the mildly wobbly casing on the rear.

Time to replace the Chupacabras on the Stache this year. My wife bought me 29x3" Rangers for Christmas but I was pretty scared they'd be wobbly like the 26ers.

To my surprise, they're dang straight!!! So far they feel pretty nice... I'm gonna like them.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,819 Posts
This happens from all manufacturers. Schwalbe, Continental, WTB, Maxxis, etc. One is no better than the next, they all have tires that wobble.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Ive run Chupas since they came out. Tried a Ranger and didn’t like the performance compared to the Chupa. Also, the ranger had some wobble I couldn’t get out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.