Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a new bike. I ride XC and do a few races a year. I was woundering what would give the best ride. I am looking into GF 29rs or Specialized Epic. I am 6'1" and 240. I currently ride 96 GF x-calibure. I am intrestid to hear your opinions.:D

·
Registered
783 Posts
What do you want? A big guy might want to try a 29er, and I say try cause until you roll one you don't know what you think of it.

Personally I prefer the steamroller sensation of the bigger wheels. But I also like the flickability of the 26". A 29er is not going to be as plush as a full suspension, but it might be smooth enough for you without having to deal with all the linkages and crap.

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
Have you considered a 29er full-suspension, like the Gary Fisher Hifi? Then you have both, the 29 inch wheels, and the suspension. One does not replace the other, imho.

At six feet plus tall, it's probably worth testing a 29er just to see whether you like it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.