Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I may be in the market for a frame ($300-$500 max), and all i need is it to be able to use a 31.6 seatpost, as well as a 34.9 seat post collar. I am really looking for a non singlespeed specific frame, even though I will be running in singlespeed part of the time.

I am sick of slot dropouts and now non-working EBBs, and I would much prefer just running a chain tensioner.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes thats exactally what im doing. I sold my nice 27.2 post and 30.0 collar for the 31.6 post and 34.9 collar, so I'd rather not have to loose any more money by trading back.

So far i have Performance and Lynskey. There must be some others?

·
Spear & Magic Helmet
305 Posts
Slurry said:
yes thats exactally what im doing. I sold my nice 27.2 post and 30.0 collar for the 31.6 post and 34.9 collar, so I'd rather not have to loose any more money by trading back.

So far i have Performance and Lynskey. There must be some others?
Niner EMD9.
But, seriously, I can't think of a bigger way to lose money than to purchase a frame based on a single dimension and then being dissatisfied with the end results. New seatpost and clamp can be had cheap if you need them.

·
Weird Eh
159 Posts
Yes an EMD is a great choice I have one.What people are trying to say is your frame (and Wheel set) is the heart and soul of a bike. Everything else are just bits. Get the frame you like that fits you and your needs, and gather up the bits that fit. I have had Thomson seat posts that I could`nt use with my new frames.One from a Castellano Fango btw They`re not cheap, but I was able to find someone to purchase it from me.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
I'd much rather have a 27.2 post on a HT, 29er or not. I put a 27.2 post with a shim from 31.6 on my GF XCal and the comfort difference is very noticeable to the positive..
G

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.