Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

29ers or 26ers?

9K views 101 replies 50 participants last post by  mnigro 
I think if you post to a thread once you are offering your opinion. I think if you need to reply to posts that share a different opinion, or better yet quote and dispute you have gone to fan boy status and are possibly ignorant of the benefits of the other wheels sizes offered within the industry today.
I also believe that anyone who comments that smaller riders are somehow inferior in their mental capacity is very "small" themselves, and I feel sorry for their insecurities.
I think if you take offense to somebodies obvious sarcasm and joking then what was said probably does apply to you especially when it was pointed out and stated that it was actually just that and not a true opinion.

I also think that just because you don't actually quote the person you are directing your statement to it doesn't mean you aren't disputing them so everything you said also applies to you personally.

Thankfully I don't share in your opinion though so I can just quote you without feeling insecure.

.....Oh and I almost forgot this ;)

I still haven't figured out why people say you can't grab air on a 29. I grab big air on both of mine, do 5-10 foot drops and haven't folded a wheel yet.
Or that you can't do tight twisty single track.
Tons of tight twisty single track here in Western NC and the majority of bikes on the trail are 29ers.

you eem like a right bellend, i chose 26er, and i love it, what you gon do?
Give you a grammar lesson so people can understand you. :rolleyes:

I think he is being sarcastically hyperbolic and forgot to insert the appropriate emoticon to let everyone in on it.

...on a related note, I bought another 29er yesterday so I basically agree with everything he says about being a real man. :thumbsup:
You are correct but I would not expect little boys with 26" bikes to be smart enough to be able to figure it out on their own.

Oh and ;) so I don't hurt any more feelings.

;)

another one of these threads?

ride what feels best for you, don't listen to what the "industry" wants you to do. /thread
No, you must do what the industry tells you to do otherwise the industry will fail and collapse because you aren't consuming more goods that you don't need.

Also size does matter.
You can be a man and get big 29" wheels or be a little sissy boy and get 26" wheels.
If you are not sure what category you fall in then get 650b/27.5" wheels.
Then let everyone know that you are a little sissy boy trying grow up or maybe that you are a manly man trying to be in touch with your sensitive side but I don't know.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.