Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
My name is Matthew Thompson and this this my first thread on this website. My bike setup is the Specialized Carve Comp 29 2014 model. I love my 29er, but sometimes I feel like I might have liked my old 26er better because I had more control. I was just thinking about it and wondered what you guys liked better, 29ers or 26ers?
Thanks,
Matt

·
WillWorkForTrail
4,989 Posts
Industry has pretty much dumped the 26" wheel. Whether you like it or not your next bike will likely be 29 (more cross country) or 27.5 (more all mountain).
This. I've done plenty of all mountain riding on both 26 and 29" bikes. In reality, if I'm brutally honest, all those bikes were XC bikes I was pushing the limits on. That said, the 29ers are more comfortable to do that on than the 26ers were. And that said, having ridden a couple of modern 27.5 AM/Enduro bikes, one of those is for certain in the cards for my next N+1, as budget allows. I don't see it replacing my cross country rigs, but man are those things nice when you start to push the limits of an XC rig.

·
SRAM...Shimano who cares?
98 Posts
Welcome to the board Matt,

The ship is only a good as the captain...Practice will take you far on each platform...Get a good fitting bike. Make, sure the seat is comfortable and the grips/bars feel good after a long ride. Keep practicing and the rest will come.

Have fun :thumbsup:

~JRA

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hello everybody,
My name is Matthew Thompson and this this my first thread on this website. My bike setup is the Specialized Carve Comp 29 2014 model. I love my 29er, but sometimes I feel like I might have liked my old 26er better because I had more control. I was just thinking about it and wondered what you guys liked better, 29ers or 26ers?
Thanks,
Matt
It all comes down to personally preference in the end. I personally like 29ers more but some people hate them. It's really up to you,

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
26" may be hard to find soon.

I ride a 26" Trance and now that I am in the market for a new bike in the all mountain category, I no longer see many high end choices in that size. I've ridden plenty of 29" but never felt they were worth the investment. I can't be sure but the type of bike I'm looking for would probably be best served by a 27.5" these days.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just remember one way to become a mountain biker is to pick a wheels size and be a dick about it.. I ride a 2 29ers. And love them. Best thing is to ride what fits best and whet feels
The most comfortable. For me that's 29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.