best stopping power :thumbsup:
best modulation :thumbsup:
best bling factor :thumbsup:
most reliable :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Old, stale, negative
800 Posts
Started on hope mono mini. Great at first but once they were gone they were way gone. I just got the elixirs. Not as blingy but they seems great for the first 300 miles. Power would be the main element I'd point out.

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vortrex said:
I've had hope mono mini, BB7, formula K24, and formula puro. the formula's totally blow the others away, not even a comparison.
wow..time and time again formulas get rave reviews.....more so than most brands:thumbsup:

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
I'll play

The best feeling brakes with the best performance that I have ridden were on the above Carver 650B titanium rig. I want to say they were something Magura came out with for 2008, but I can't recall for sure. Man! Those were sweet brakes though!

The best modulation I have attained was when I had this bike. BB-7's, Nokon housing, old, old Avid SD-1 levers. Modulation for days. This set up, minus the Nokon housing, is on my OS Blackbuck now and is just marginally less spectacular. Nokons are the difference but they are stupid expensive.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Formula

The One, I've had BB7a, Juicy 5 and 7 and Code and Hayes. I really noticed a difference in power and modulation and best of all ...... NO SQUEAL from The One, even when wet!

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
shimano saints. omg, they just feel soooooo good.

bb7's... are you kidding me? i can't WAIT to get those things off my rig. soon to be replaced by some marta sl's, which i also have on my mob, and must say i've been VERY happy with.

fwiw... initial impressions of formula oro's have been very favorable, though my impressions do not go beyond initial.

·
Registered
927 Posts
That's my que!

29ERCAT said:
Cast your vote and pictures....your favorite disk brake
categories include....
best stopping power :thumbsup:
best modulation :thumbsup:
best bling factor :thumbsup:
most reliable :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Here is my vote. Full fills 4 out of 4 in the categories above. These brakes rock!!

Want some? Get your own.....Go to Ebay and search for: Shimano XT BL-M755 4 piston brakes & XTR BR-M975 Levers

Just in time for Christmas. Happy Holidays!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.