Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was Sunday morning in far north Texas and is part of the State

Here is a shot of the winner in the SS class on what I think is a WaltWorks

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=pedalrun&gallery_id=157587&image_id=0

And here is yours truly suffering with a sinus infection to 8th place out of 11 (my first XC race) I look like total warmed over crap ;-)

http://www.printroom.com/ViewgalleryPhoto.asp?userid=pedalrun&gallery_id=157587&image_id=6

Looked like almost half the field was on 29ers. You can cruise around and see the others. SS is an open class and was the first wave riding the sport distance of 17 miles.

I really don't enjoy XC racing as much as the longer stuff.

Next stop... Ouachita Challnge this Saturday in Arkansas.

Mike

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
cool!

hey, at least you were racing. i hope to do my first one on sunday...

looks like a cool event. glad to know you saw so many big wheelers out there!

·
Eric the Red
438 Posts
Actually, that first pic is Brady Kendall, who got 3rd. I think the guy on the Ibis won, but I'm not sure. I couldn't see from way back in 6th, on my week old Voodoo. I'll see you at the Ouachita Challenge. My precious Dambala will be two weeks old. I'm really likin' my first full-size bike!

QUOTE=SoloWithOthers]This was Sunday morning in far north Texas and is part of the State

Here is a shot of the winner in the SS class on what I think is a WaltWorks

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=pedalrun&gallery_id=157587&image_id=0

And here is yours truly suffering with a sinus infection to 8th place out of 11 (my first XC race) I look like total warmed over crap ;-)

http://www.printroom.com/ViewgalleryPhoto.asp?userid=pedalrun&gallery_id=157587&image_id=6

Looked like almost half the field was on 29ers. You can cruise around and see the others. SS is an open class and was the first wave riding the sport distance of 17 miles.

I really don't enjoy XC racing as much as the longer stuff.

Next stop... Ouachita Challnge this Saturday in Arkansas.

Mike[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thats ME!!!!

The first pic is of ME!!! I am famous!!! I actually got third that day. Should have had second if I would have geared up one more tooth!!! We traded places a lot but he was killing me on the flats.

Yes, it is a Waltworks, Best riding bike I have been on!!! I will be on it this weekedn at the OC as well. Doing the tour so see all of you there.

$ on the line at Bar H:
Surly KM
Waltworks
Spicer
Voodoo Dambala

All sweet rigs. I also saw a GF rig but not sure what class he raced. Later BK

·
Registered
83 Posts
That was me too..

On the Rig anyway. Just got started on the single speed and 29er side of the house a few weeks ago. Love Bar H so decided to see if I could do the preride on the Rig. I could so decided to do my first sport race on Sunday. Entered the 40-44yr old age group and rode against the gearies. Got a lot of stares when I showed up on the single. Got 8/25. Wasn't aware of the SS class until it was too late.Can you think of a better way to spend your B-Day! Don't know if you guys noticed but though everyone clapped for all the riders, they really let loose when a single speed came by. Just finishing a race on a single is a great accomplishment in my book. Had a great time and watched all my friends race too. Heard much cursing on horse shoes climb as gears were skipping and grinding. Man I love my single. I was eating them up on the climbs but they were having there way with me on the other parts of the course. Still, I love the single and the 29in wheels. At 5'6" I am on the small Rig and love the way it rides. Will have to post a thread later on that as I think short riders may actually get a bigger benefit from the 29inwheels than the taller riders, contrary to what I read.

Will be moving to Shreveport in June and I know several in the SS class were from that area so look forward to riding with all of you.

Kent

·
Registered
111 Posts
email

Kent, shoot me an email.

bkendall at fitzgeraldcontractors.com

EndoAgain said:
On the Rig anyway. Just got started on the single speed and 29er side of the house a few weeks ago. Love Bar H so decided to see if I could do the preride on the Rig. I could so decided to do my first sport race on Sunday. Entered the 40-44yr old age group and rode against the gearies. Got a lot of stares when I showed up on the single. Got 8/25. Wasn't aware of the SS class until it was too late.Can you think of a better way to spend your B-Day! Don't know if you guys noticed but though everyone clapped for all the riders, they really let loose when a single speed came by. Just finishing a race on a single is a great accomplishment in my book. Had a great time and watched all my friends race too. Heard much cursing on horse shoes climb as gears were skipping and grinding. Man I love my single. I was eating them up on the climbs but they were having there way with me on the other parts of the course. Still, I love the single and the 29in wheels. At 5'6" I am on the small Rig and love the way it rides. Will have to post a thread later on that as I think short riders may actually get a bigger benefit from the 29inwheels than the taller riders, contrary to what I read.

Will be moving to Shreveport in June and I know several in the SS class were from that area so look forward to riding with all of you.

Kent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts