Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December 5th issue of VeloNews has under "other '05 tech developments"....................................."RACING ON 29-INCH WHEELS".

They cite Pepperdine University's study that 29ers are faster and a series of recent race victories by 29ers. "With top caliber endurance wins on their resumes, it could just be a matter of time before big wheels deliver their riders to NORBA and World Cup podiums"

:D

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
LOL, I'm always in battle with myself about that. I think I'll gladly share with friends, and I consider most MTBR members good friends material.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Memphisrider--your Orbea arrived?

...anxiously awaiting your review on the new Orbea(I'm waiting for one myself--can't wait). Any initial impressions about the frame? Thanks-

ps. sorry for getting off topic on this thread

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think that 29ers are now a big secret. I went riding with some friends today and three out of four bikes there were 29ers. A Racer-X, a Karate Monkey, and a Spot 29er. Out of my last three races, 29ers finished 1-2 in two of them. Last week an LBS guy said 29ers are just a fad. Hmmmm. What's up with that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.