Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont get the whole 29er thing......since i dont like to be ignorant to stuff,what are the advantages/dis advantages???? someone convince me!!!!!
oh and if everyone thought the big hit with the 26/24 combo was stupid whats up with the 29/26 combo wouldn't that be the same thing??????
just looking for some clarification...... i dont mean to offend anyone either....

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
Just take a look in the 29er forum... there are threads on this subject all the time... I personally think that people should ride what makes them happy.. and that's then end of it..

·
Get out of town!
1,442 Posts
My thoughts

hdjklhasjkfhiksjhf sdafgsda; fgasfgasfg asdflkdsajf jasdklfj asfl;dalfjkld aflfjldasj faskflj :thumbsup:

THASKJkh fduskldnf dksf lasdkf KJLLJdl L KJKLfjldjlsjlfu sdlakjdfl; akl;dfjlasdjflajljfdasllja;j;ajasdlkjdflja djfasydfudandflsa fjdka;df kldasjflasdjl;fjl;asdjl;djf;asdhf jsdakljfl;asjdfljdasl;jdf asdkldfjld;as ldfj askl;jdfljasdlflsdajfldyxcATCV['wjf'va mf[ voas[j.

There is probably additional insight in other similar threads...

·
Registered
353 Posts
scottyl said:
i dont get the whole 29er thing......since i dont like to be ignorant to stuff,what are the advantages/dis advantages???? someone convince me!!!!!
oh and if everyone thought the big hit with the 26/24 combo was stupid whats up with the 29/26 combo wouldn't that be the same thing??????
just looking for some clarification...... i dont mean to offend anyone either....
You might find a few answers to your questions here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=18514/

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
kev0153 said:
Here is a suggestion for your next cliche forum troll:

"What's up with the Road Bike attitude???"

You already covered the spandex one pretty good.
Good call.

PS: and tell Jody to pick a more dramatic spot and better angle on these pix so they seem more dramatic and exciting.

BTW, from JodyGomez site, "swiping photos is not cool." I swiped this pic from your profile.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
before i got a 29er i used to crack jokes about my 29er friends, they'd rave about'em, Big wheels this big wheels that.... then i'd hit the 29er forum, at first it was like a room full Hari Krishna's...

then i took the plunge, got a 29er, found that i like the taste of Koolaid :p Big Wheels a coming.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I have a blast on my 29er, but I'm still really new to it. It's also a lot lighter than my 26er, and way more bling :) Doesn't descend quite the same (less travel), but it's a great bike.

·
Registered
804 Posts
lidarman said:
I'm a holdout for a 29er pugsley fixey with 1.5 inch headtubes and 20 mm rear thru axle.

Just because.
I would ony add some On-One Mary bars, in the oversize 31.8(or whatever it is) if they would make them, to make it more of an all-around package.
Also maybe some wicker panniers to carry the U-lock and cable locks.
Last, a floating rear disc setup. 10" rotors like Snatana tandems have.

All aluminum parts in 3D violet would give it that nostalgic feel, too.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I built a custom 29, single speed about 5 years ago. Gave it away, to a good friend,(who had just had a bike stolen) last year. Just not my cup of tea. Don't hate it, but now I ride a 41# bighit. Go figure.

·
Combat Wombat
1,861 Posts
Just keeps getting better.

scottyl said:
A cult or a fad? This might have been a valid question.....3 years ago. Check out the 29er forum and the FAQs there. Lots of good info.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
unlike the SS fad which i do believe is more of a cultish type thing, there are definite mechanical differences that greatly affect handling characteristics and gearing/torque when you are talking a 29er compared to a "standard" setup.

for example: i can emulate SS simply by keeping my gearie in one gear. can't really emulate a 29er. that tells you something right there...

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
What would the girl on the left prefer to ride?

No wait, don't answer that.

But really, if one could get any arbitrary wheel size, it would be a choice like a frame, based (and optimized) on the persons size....

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.