Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on Vital http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Nevada-State-DH-Champs-Race-Report,136

Also 5th place last weekend in the pro class at Fontana was a 2951! But 29er will never do well at DH :)

"The most anticipated class of the day was the single speed dh race! Okay, maybe not the most anticipated but probably the most fun class filled mostly with old pros out for a good time with pedaling too hard! Coming back from a snowboard accident that had laid him up for a month of no exercise until the Thursday before the race was Mike Fucci (All Mountain Cyclery/BetterRide.net/Canfield Brothers). Former Redbull Rampage podium finisher Lance Canfield (Canfield Brothers) took fourth and yours truly, Gene Hamilton (BetterRide.net/Canfield Brothers) earned 3rd place. The Battle for first was tight with Chris Canfield (BetterRide.net/Canfield Brothers) finishing second and Jeff Frampton (owner of All Mountain Cyclery) winning the race on a 29er! (Don't tell anyone) The single speed format was great and really made the racing tight, I hope this format catches on. Just think of the money in derailleurs that you could save."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
flymybike said:
SS can happen with all the gear.
So.......do I smell a Can Brothers 29er DH bike in the future? You can't let some big wheeled thing beat you at your own game :) Weren't you guys playing with one in the past?

·
Canfield Bikes
1,152 Posts
m-dub said:
So.......do I smell a Can Brothers 29er DH bike in the future? You can't let some big wheeled thing beat you at your own game :) Weren't you guys playing with one in the past?
We've built a proto 29er DH bike and it performs well but the tires still need to get better. Were not planning to build a 29er DH frame yet. If someone is going to beat me, Jeff is a great guy to do it. He knows Bootleg better than anyone.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rockcrusher said:
A single speed DH class sounds fun. Were most of the SS guys on hardtails and what kinda forks were they running?
I wasn't able to make it, but from the photos I have seen it looks like it is was all FS DH bikes with DH fork :) I love ripping a hard tail, but not at bootleg!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.