Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any experience with Orioncycles wheel builds? They advertise here on MTBR & have some great prices but I have no info as to their build quality. Looking for input if you have had wheels built by them. They state they have been building wheels for over 10 years.
Looking at Hadley hubs (15mm ft and 12mm thru axle rr) laced with black DT comps and Stans Flow 29er rims. I'm 230lbs and looking for strength as my Rip9 is no lightweight at 30 pounds. I also have a set of Hope Pro2's laced to Flows running tubeless on there now. I love the sound of the Hopes when coasting ( reminds me of when I was a kid) and wondered if they were loud as well. Also King hubs are an extra 100 bucks over the Hadleys but as I have heard so many positive comments on the Hadleys and how easy they are to service, I'm leaning in that direction. I haven't had any real world experience with Hadleys as of yet. I like that I can do hub service on my own without the need for proprietary tools. Any feedback or info on their builds would be helpful in making a decision.

·
Registered
304 Posts
No experience with wheels for Orion but I can attest to shipping. Bought a set of Hope Skewers that took forever to receive. He made it right in the end by next day airing them to me but it was not a great experience overall. Nice enough guy but slow on email replies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.