Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help out a roadie and give me some advice. I am looking to get a new mountain bike because I am getting a little bored on the road. I only want to have 1 mountain bike, and I will be doing everything from an occasional XC race (sea otter), to some downhill in Tahoe. I love suspension and screwing around on jumps, but I have heard some much great stuff about 29ers. My skills are not amazing, but I can handle my own. I will be riding mostly in the San Francisco Bay Area. So what do all of you think I should go with? I am trying to stick to the trek umbrella because I have a credit with them and can get the bike cheap.

These are my choices.....

Gary fisher superfly

Trek Fuel EX 9 or 9.8

Trek Remedy/Enduro SL

Thanks!

·
Daniel the Dog
6,761 Posts
Tough call: good choices!

Depends on the type of terrain you ride. I have a short travel FS 29er and a 6" travel 26er FS bike. I tend to ride the 6" bike most of the time. I just find it to be the best tool for the rocky, gnarly terrain we have in the Gorge. If you ride on smoother trails you may enjoy a 29er. By the way, I rode a HT 29er and pretty much hated it. I don't like to be knocked around when riding. Good choices though.

Jaybo

Thanks![/QUOTE]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts