Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tubes are compatible with a Gravity G29? Will any 29 inch tube do? What are some cheap purchase options if I can wait?

·
I'd rather be on my bike
2,749 Posts
Any 29er tube will do. Check with your LBS, sometimes you can get a discount if you buy in bulk. One shop here does buy 2, get the 3rd half price.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You could actually use a 26" tube in a pinch, only thing you have to look out for is to use the right size/width, so if you've got 2.2" tyres, you don't want to use a tube for 1.5" tyres, as they just don't stretch that way much.

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
ive always used 26" tubes on my 29ers but use 700c specific tubes if im running 700c tires.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
You could actually use a 26" tube in a pinch, only thing you have to look out for is to use the right size/width, so if you've got 2.2" tyres, you don't want to use a tube for 1.5" tyres, as they just don't stretch that way much.
i HAVE USED 1.5 INCH TUBES IN 2.35 INCH TIRES WITHOUT A PROBLEM.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
OH WELL, GUESS YOU WERE LUCKY, I HAVE TOO, BUT IF YOU DON"T WANT TO CHANCE IT, YOU USE THE RIGHT SIZE!

BTW, why are we shouting?
i HAVE USED 1.5 INCH TUBES IN 2.35 INCH TIRES WITHOUT A PROBLEM.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
OH WELL, GUESS YOU WERE LUCKY, I HAVE TOO, BUT IF YOU DON"T WANT TO CHANCE IT, YOU USE THE RIGHT SIZE!

BTW, why are we shouting?
aLL TUBES GET THINNER AS THEY STRETCH, AND THAT CAUSES THEM TO BE A LITTLE WEAKER.....BUT NOT MUCH.

mAYBE YOU CAN GUESS WHY i AM SHOUTING.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 11 of 11 Posts