Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at Ray's the other day and fell in love with the single speed 9er i rented (trek rig) I've looked into buying one but it seems that they're "expensive" and the reviews say they're somewhat poorly built. Does anyone know of a similar bike around the 1000 dollar mark? thanks

·
SS in CO
613 Posts
owned 2 of the above 3 and ridden my friend's Konas enough to know that you can't go wrong with any of them. just pick one that fits your ride style and go!

or, if you can find one, I'm still in love with my Bianchi Rita...highly underrated bike. just hard to find used since they only made them for 2 years.

J.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have owned several Rigs and as long as you replace the drop out hard wear with stainless stuff it works great. Your trek dealer should be able to get you the kit that trek sells, or go to the hard wear store. On the other hand the karate monkey is the sweetest bike ever. I have 3 of them built up right now, and can't wait for the new MDS version to come out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have owned several Rigs and as long as you replace the drop out hard wear with stainless stuff it works great. Your trek dealer should be able to get you the kit that trek sells, or go to the hard wear store. On the other hand the karate monkey is the sweetest bike ever. I have 3 of them built up right now, and can't wait for the new MDS version to come out.
What do you mean by dropout hardware, I've never heard of that before. Guess I'm more noobish than I thought

·
Registered
104 Posts
On the sliding drop outs. There a few nuts and bolts on each side. The rig is also able to run gears if you purchase the derailleur hanger dropout. The karate monkey is still the best choice though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so I ended up buying a '13 Kona Unit, but haven't ridden it besides the test ride because the guy I bought it from kept his pedals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts