Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything or have heard anything, I haven't seen anything on the cannondale thread or 29er thread? I own an 08 29er 2 and love it and I love the scalpel and if they made it a 29er i would be the 1st to buy it. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Yes, it's called a Dos Niner, made by Salsa- with the addition of a Lefty 321 conversion. Not trying to be flippant here, but the mighty C can't even produce the bikes they have in their catalogue, let alone something new. It would be great, but it's doubtful it would happen. For less than the entry-level Scalpel (hard to believe that "entry-level" is almost $3000, and the parts spec is not that great), you could build a really nice Dos Niner.

·
USED2COULD
1,274 Posts
I've also given up on the wait.
My F29'er 1 has thrown a huge dose of "fun" in to my ridding, and I bought it on a whim (and advice from MTBR board member) as my second bike.

Since I bought my 29'er my XTR / I9 Rush sat around collecting dust. I'm thinking I'll probably pick up a 2010 Niner Jet9 when they are released, and throw one of my Lefty's on that. Project 3-2-1 are apparently working on a tapered converter for the new headsets.

It's a shame Cannondale don't produce the bike that would allow me to purchase my third consecutive 'dale.

James

·
Registered
348 Posts
Was really banking on a 29er Scalpel myself this past year.

Always killed me since Scalpels dominate the majority Xterra triathlons I race. Just never rode a 26" scalpel comfortably. I moved onto a different company (Van Dessel) for my 29er needs but Cannondale will get my business again in the future. Great company with a great warranty for a 210lb clyde like myself which has broken three frames of which every one was replaced no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
i switched companies early last year, been riding cannondale since 1998 brought many cannondale since. not knowing anything about 29er i test rode a rize and a niner jet 9 it was no contest, i brought a niner jet 9 great bike, i probably would have brought a rip if was in stock at the time. the jet nine had some problems but niner took good care of me. im building up a niner wfo 9 now, great bikes great company. if cannondale had a 29er dual suspension in there line up i probably would have never jumped ship...too bad i really think there sleeping at wheel at this point, and are way behind in the 29er revolution...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've considered the jet 9 as well because i don't want a lot of travel. i agree that cannondale is missing out on a fs 29er. i have talked to many people that would buy one if they had one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.