Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Google. The sram website was my first stop and the only difference I can tell is the team has the black box motion control. Other than that, the specs on the sram site look identical for all three. What am i missing?

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
chinapootpeak said:
Thanks Google. The sram website was my first stop and the only difference I can tell is the team has the black box motion control. Other than that, the specs on the sram site look identical for all three. What am i missing?
their web site does suck, and is inaccurate
the team is available with uturn, 20mm maxle, poploc and blackbox
color white 80-120mm

race no uturn plus Ive only seen it advertised at 100mm blackbox
the sl looks the same but in silver no blackbox

there are a few uturn models out there for sale but not many
my team has the maxle, motion control, no pop loc and 120mm, blackbox

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd had the same question in an earlier thread a couple days ago.
I also checked out the SRAM website and noted some of the differences between models such as Blackbox, UTurn, External Floodgate, etc. What does all that mean to me? I'm still not sure.
I was just hoping that someone could chime in as to what each of these different features do for the fork.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
jaxson said:
I'd had the same question in an earlier thread a couple days ago.
I also checked out the SRAM website and noted some of the differences between models such as Blackbox, UTurn, External Floodgate, etc. What does all that mean to me? I'm still not sure.
I was just hoping that someone could chime in as to what each of these different features do for the fork.
uturn is the ability to adjust the travel with a knob, as opposed to opening it up and adding/ removing spacers
pop loc is a remote locking device
blackbox and motion control and floodgate are adjustable features that allow you to adjust the stiffness and small bump performance
you dont really need the pop loc if you have the blackbox/ motion control as you can lock the fork with the motion control
external and internal floodgate refer to the adjustment knob in the middle of the motion control or the remote pop lock lever
its used to set the blow off level when locked and also how it responds to small rocks , bumps etc.
the motion control knob allows you to adjust those features on the fly, from wide open to locked out

if you move the mouse pointer over the different options a pop up box appears explaining

1 - 8 of 8 Posts