Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
kimmeh! said:
I'm looking into possibly getting a Norco Nitro-Niner (size small). I'm 5'5" with a 31" inseam. I don't have the opportunity to test ride one, so I am wondering whether or not it would be too big for me?
What size bike are you currently riding?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
north_of_us said:
5'5" I think your cutting it close for a 29er. Never, never buy a bike without a test ride. Do you get married without going on a date first?
Typically, I would test ride a bike. However, the LBS that I go to (the only one in my city that sells Norco) is small and only has one model in the shop, and it's a large.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Well, I've taken a look a the geometry for the smallest nitro niner, and compared it to the 17" nitro. The niner is notably bigger in every way, so I'd be willing to guess that if you fit comfortably on a 17", that the niner would feel big.

What does your LBS recommend?

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
the standover on a nitro is listed at 793mm or approx 31.2" - that is higher then that of my LARGE frame. the nitro has neither dropped the bb to compensate nor offered a bent tt.

there are a handful of 29 producers that have managed to address the increased standover that results from larger wheels (yes, myself included) try and source a frame from a company that specializes in that wheel size.

29ers are a blast in southern ontario, dont buy one that doesnt fit and dont stop looking at that one! good luck.

·
Economy Stimulator
351 Posts
Don't suppose you're bringing the demo fleet out to the solstice...I rode a lap at the solstice in 2005 on one of your 26" singlespeed abominations (hey you offered a free t-shirt...i'm a sucker for free shirts) and it was alright. Am looking for a 29r so if you're bringing them up...sign me up!

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
teebor76xc said:
Don't suppose you're bringing the demo fleet out to the solstice...I rode a lap at the solstice in 2005 on one of your 26" singlespeed abominations (hey you offered a free t-shirt...i'm a sucker for free shirts) and it was alright. Am looking for a 29r so if you're bringing them up...sign me up!
i'd almost druther a demo tent to attempting solo...so not this solstice.

SPAM-ESQUE ANSWER
July 8th will be SINGLESPEED NIGHT at albion hills - part of the superfly tuesday series...there will be demos, racing, draw prizes and a bbq following...brought to you by someone special.​

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.