Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Shamisen Appreciator
2,102 Posts
Englehardt said:
Are all EBB's 65mm? I know that Jeff Jones uses an EBB and he has really short chain stays with room for a 2.55" tire.
They're not. The Ti EBBs used by IF are 68mm (IF sold me one so I could build my frame when Paragon's lathe took a dump) and I believe they're supplied by Paragon.

There are a handful of steel EBB shells available in 65 and 66mm widths though.

· Registered
236 Posts
i also have a steel IF with an ebb, no issues, i've run the weir wolf and rampage with out problems. my chain stay is 450mm, i think this could be safely shortened to 445mm. my one beef would be with the chain ring clearance, i've chipped up the paint on both sides (the non drive side was just stupidity on my part), this could be fixed with a small crimp in the fab process.

e

· Registered
472 Posts
old vs new

When was your frame built?

We have sold a few IF's with the EBB. The original older ones did have an issue with tire clearance, usually anything over 2.25-2.3, but that was before the popularity of the larger volume tires. They are currently built with wider stays for tire clearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.