Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My son is on a 26" XS Santa Cruz Julianna. Looking to move him up. He has ridden small 29 HT's and fits well. I believe I can put a HT 29er together for a reasonable price, but sort of like the idea of finding a small Santa Cruz Superlight and converting it to a 27.5. Recreational XC and some XC racing... 1x10... want to put the money in the wheels. Any advice?

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
2,894 Posts
If he's not interested in jumping or technical riding, 29er all the way. If he wants to get crazy (like I was when I was his age) full suspension would be rad. I didn't start riding full suspension until I was out of highschool and by the time it was too late. I wish I had a downhill bike when I was younger.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's about 5'1". I'd like to keep it around 1k to 1.5k. Considering Chinese Carbon HT, but not sure if there is a frame in the 15.5" range. My daughter is two years younger and rides better than my son, so she will inherit these bikes which makes the investment last a bit longer with the kids growing like weeds... I'm prone to build with some parts bin stuff and new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts